Fukuzatsu na Kyoudai no 4koma - Ch. 64

Double-page supporter
I believe 18 (was 20) is the age of majority in Japan.

On the other hand, the prefecture-dependent one is the age of consent, if I recall.

Group Leader
Legal age in Japan was 20 years old.
It was lowered to 18 in April 2022, but this manga was released before that.

And you could say love is blind.
lziWjyn.png
While 18 is considered age of majority in Japan, it's not exactly all encompassing. Society wise, adulthood is still associated with 20 years old of age, the age where people have their seijin shiki and can consume alcohol. Even 19 years old still cannot get married without parental consent in Japan.

Age of consent itself used to be 13 years old nationally until it was recently raised to 16. But this number afaik only applicable to the indigenous Ainu people in Hokkaido (for cultural reason) as most prefecture in Japan has regional law that enforce age of consent ranging from 16-20 years old.

As far as I know the change to 18 years old only affect voting rights, it used to be only for 20+ years old, but now 18+ can vote... there might be more that this change affects, but I'm not aware of what those are.

Dex-chan lover
"I'll wait until his graduation" wait. That's grooming

"he'll still be a minor" well, until recently (like 2022) yea.

Isn't it prefecture dependant? Pretty sure most is 16

There's age of content then age of adulthood. Minimum AoC was 13 until recently when they raised it to 16, but most prefectiuree already had it set to 16-18 by then (similar to US states.). I'd have to check again, but I'm pretty sure there's romeo/Juliet laws in Japan too.

Age of adulthood is the age needed to be considered an adult citizen (usually the age to vote). This was 20, lowered to 18. Similar to the US as well (used to be 21 until 40 years ago).

Dex-chan lover
Remember when I said she was a lost hope?

Welp. Here we are at 100% Delutional Accepted-ville. Shes cooked.

Users who are viewing this thread