Full Clearing Another World under a Goddess with Zero Believers - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - Makoto Takatsuki Fights Enemies attacking the Royal Capital

Dex-chan lover
Again if you find anything wrong with the chapter feel free to tell us.

Sorry for the long wait but we will try our best, and the story is getting interesting hehe, hopefully you guys enjoy and support The creator.
thanks for the chapter, and the Princess has a really good poker face

Group Leader
Yes. Yes we are bitter.

People like Elhao and I judge actions based on their process and intent.
Not happenstance conclusion, due to sheer luck or chance.

Princess here is showing poor judgement. And doesn't own up to her own mistakes.
"But I apologized" is a dumb JP trope that needs to die. You can't un-ring the bell.

Linking what I said in previous chapter:
(it still holds 100% true, because it was stated based on process not conclusion)

And to be even-handed, here's a later post where I queried (and you and another member provided) spoilers:
(Jump a bit down in thread, and context is provided to your initial reply)
The one that killed the dragon was Sakurai, Makoto wouldn't be able to kill any taboo dragon at that place. If you guys pay attention he clearly states many times "Water magic is flashy, but it doesn't have firepower"

And clearly, you guys are not paying attention but no problem, I will just remind you what happened in the water temple.
Remember that Makoto yes asked for the blessing and Sophia refused saying "he needed to train more".
From Makoto's perspective he was in despair because was rejected protection. But is that the only perspective? Did she rly mistreat him? What actually happened there in a perspective outside of Makoto?
Because sure we know his thoughts and what he is doing so we as an audience can see the potential, but, is it that simple for everyone in that world?
Lucy, Jean, like.. .everyone doubted Makoto the same or even more than Sophia, but she gets the harshest treatment here without even knowing her context =x....

Dex-chan lover
I know right? I am enjoying this irony of the princess being useless in this situation and asking someone she called useless to solve it.
Right me too, you can call me petty but relationships cant be fixed with only ,,sorry I treated you like a piece of shit on the side of the road but you are quite strong so maybe help me,, bullshit, I understand she isnt a horrible person but trust and respect when lost needs time to establish themself again, he literally could have died because of her, saying sorry and than not taking accountability for your action in manga needs to stop, what do you wanna bet that in three chapters it will be like nothing happend, just WAIFU +1

Dex-chan lover
you guys are not paying attention but no problem
There is some nuance in that we're viewing the world through a page, and perhaps WN was more thorough in describing things than what was portrayed in Manga, which in turn is much less than all the subtle interactions that occur in "Reality" (fictional universe realtime).

But to sum up what happened:
  1. She rejected his plea for aid -- after literally dragging him into their world
  2. She insulted him repeatedly -- despite being her own royal invited guest
  3. When things got bad she begs for help -- (spoilers omitted)
There are diplomatic ways to do all of the above, that don't burn bridges. A trained princess should know this. Especially if she is as in an underdog position as you commented, and has to "save face". If she was as competent as claimed, she would have learned to politely decline his tutorship of Leo. Or gracefully turn down the appeal for aid. She didn't do any of that.

She has no grace. That's my main gripe.

This is a critical real-world skill. Fiction/manga may be a bit over-the-top in its interactions for the sake of drama. But if you try insulting a real person to their face: it doesn't matter if you're a queen or a waitress. People won't take you seriously after that. Try pulling this stunt in a job interview, then complain when you get put on a no-hire list. (Usually reserved for theft of IP, but also harassment of staff/inappropriate comments.) Or better yet, find an applicant who you rejected, who went on to patent an industry-defining process -- saying you've changed your mind now that you desperately need their skills. (Yes, something this dumb has happened at my company.)

Manga could have done a better job trying to illustrate that. But directly insulting and saying "art can't beat monsters" in front of your own invited guest is plain rude.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The water Goddess will support and allow Sophia to have relationship with Makoto. The accepted belief in that world is the priestess should remains virgin while there were serving the goddesses. However, according to the Goddesess themselves, it is not a rule, but a man made rule that prevents horny individuals to make the priestess their wives. From hereon, Makoto will not really make a move, but sofia will aggresively make a move to him, which it will guarantee you will vomit a lot of sugar evertime.

Group Leader
There is some nuance in that we're viewing the world through a page, and perhaps WN was more thorough in describing things than what was portrayed in Manga, which in turn is much less than all the subtle interactions that occur in "Reality" (fictional universe realtime).

But to sum up what happened:
  1. She rejected his plea for aid -- after literally dragging him into their world
  2. She insulted him repeatedly -- despite being her own royal invited guest
  3. When things got bad she begs for help -- (spoilers omitted)
There are diplomatic ways to do all of the above, that don't burn bridges. A trained princess should know this. Especially if she is as in an underdog position as you commented, and has to "save face". If she was as competent as claimed, she would have learned to politely decline his tutorship of Leo. Or gracefully turn down the appeal for aid. She didn't do any of that.

She has no grace. That's my main gripe.

This is a critical real-world skill. Fiction/manga may be a bit over-the-top in its interactions for the sake of drama. But if you try insulting a real person to their face: it doesn't matter if you're a queen or a waitress. People won't take you seriously after that. Try pulling this stunt in a job interview, then complain when you get put on a no-hire list. (Usually reserved for theft of IP, but also harassment of staff/inappropriate comments.) Or better yet, find an applicant who you rejected, who went on to patent an industry-defining process -- saying you've changed your mind now that you desperately need their skills. (Yes, something this dumb has happened at my company.)

Manga could have done a better job trying to illustrate that. But directly insulting and saying "art can't beat monsters" in front of your own invited guest is plain rude.

You know that even Makoto agrees with this statement that "art doesnt kill monsters", besides here she was a bit out of line ( not as rude as yo are portraying" but there is a reason not related directly to Makoto.

When did she Insulted this hard? Not in the water temple, bot in the labyrinth city. Here was mostly Leo overpraysing Makoto and she trying to be more realistic...

isnt this just ppl getting overly offended? Saying " but he is juadt an mage aprentice" is not an insult, in some cases might be even a showcase of worry.

what you would do if an inexperienced person said "ay give me weapons because I want to help in war". Is there any easy answer?

Dex-chan lover
You know that even Makoto agrees with this statement that "art doesnt kill monsters", besides here she was a bit out of line ( not as rude as yo are portraying" but there is a reason not related directly to Makoto.

When did she Insulted this hard? Not in the water temple, bot in the labyrinth city. Here was mostly Leo overpraysing Makoto and she trying to be more realistic...

isnt this just ppl getting overly offended? Saying " but he is juadt an mage aprentice" is not an insult, in some cases might be even a showcase of worry.

what you would do if an inexperienced person said "ay give me weapons because I want to help in war". Is there any easy answer?
What Leonidus said to the cripple who cannot hold a shield and protect his brothers in a shield wall comes to mind regarding that question.

Dex-chan lover
The circus troupe will go bankrupt, and worse, when it's the time to find someone to pay for all the damages.

Dex-chan lover
what you would do if an inexperienced person
The same way we handle denials of employment. Or actual denial for military recruitment. Which are far both less impactful than denials of "divine protection" in involuntarily drafted, 10-year-lifespan, death/war.

"We don't feel your skills suit the role". A generic but polite refusal. If there was a red flag in their hiring packet, we don't say "because you're an incompetent L3, and reference X said you're a slacker". Guess which one would get you a lawsuit -- or in this world -- a refusal from a spurned adventurer who climbed the ranks later?

Don't take my word for it; take Makoto's own. "He doesn't like her." And it's Sofia's job to manage that as both the leader of her nation (responsible for the actions of her subordinates); and the original cause of the HR incident. Which she has not.

Again, your further context from WN/LN may provide a different perspective. But (real isekai-world people) don't have the benefit of "side chapters" in princess' POV. (See next raw chapter.) And (we as manga readers) don't have the context beyond what is shown in manga. ("Incomplete/unreliable narrative" literary trope perhaps.)

A good summary, if a bit glib, might be: "God may forgive (you). But I won't."

What Leonidus said (to Ephialtes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/characters/nm0862907

Leonidas had grace and explained why he was refused politely. Further, Ephialtes was indeed demonstably unable to perform the role, even at time of secondary recruitment.

Makoto demonstrated himself to be a powerhouse who assisted a national emergency subjugation, and has the adoration of the hero, as well as unconditional backing of star merchant. Hence the royal invitation(s) -- and recruitment offers from competitor kingdoms and princesses.

Big difference.

Last edited:
Group Leader
The same way we handle denials of employment. Or actual denial for military recruitment. Which are far both less impactful than denials of "divine protection" in involuntarily drafted, 10-year-lifespan, death/war.

"We don't feel your skills suit the role". A generic but polite refusal. If there was a red flag in their hiring packet, we don't say "because you're an incompetent L3, and reference X said you're a slacker". Guess which one would get you a lawsuit -- or in this world -- a refusal from a spurned adventurer who climbed the ranks later?

Don't take my word for it; take Makoto's own. "He doesn't like her." And it's Sofia's job to manage that as both the leader of her nation (responsible for the actions of her subordinates); and the original cause of the HR incident. Which she has not.

Again, your further context from WN/LN may provide a different perspective. But (real isekai-world people) don't have the benefit of "side chapters" in princess' POV. (See next raw chapter.) And (we as manga readers) don't have the context beyond what is shown in manga. ("Incomplete/unreliable narrative" literary trope perhaps.)

A good summary, if a bit glib, might be: "God may forgive (you). But I won't."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/characters/nm0862907

Leonidas had grace and explained why he was refused politely. Further, Ephialtes was indeed demonstably unable to perform the role, even at time of secondary recruitment.

Makoto demonstrated himself to be a powerhouse who assisted a national emergency subjugation, and has the adoration of the hero, as well as unconditional backing of star merchant. Hence the royal invitation(s) -- and recruitment offers from competitor kingdoms and princesses.

Big difference.

You are still missing many points for example yeah they were forcibly isekaied, but the alternative was death. They even had thr alternative to go back to death if they wanted (at least in theory) And Its not like Sophia cut this bridge at all, she said "u need to train more" because you see a you Boy with the body strength of a toddler and bizarre/weak skills, what are you supposed to do?

She was not even rude, just cold and objective (if you saw the next raw and wn u sure know there is a reason for it) So again, its overly exageration how bad Sophia actually was.

Again I am enphathysing a lot the context given by the manga only.

Of course with her context things will look different, but the mistake you are making is judging by a context known only by Makoto because he is abnormal and he cant even be fully clear about his abilities because 1-he doesnt know that well and 2- he doesnt want to say too much about her goddess that is an "Evil" one and many dont aprove that.

So even with the context with the manga alone, you guys are overeacting.

Dex-chan lover
[BIG SPoILER IMAGE]
Got to say, I am not a fan of the first thing I am presented with when entering the comments, being a spoiler. And not covered in spoiler tag either.
The fact it is so large only makes it worse, as it covered entire screen too, took 2 pages to scroll past, and was so very, very, white'n'bright.

Dex-chan lover
Reading everyone's comments is interesting. I personally don't like the princess, but well, I'll keep reading the manga for Lucy.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, really appreciative of the interaction with the community and translations.

This is prompting me to try to find the WN/LN and read that for the alternative take, and different events.

(Although Manga interest => LN did bite me with "Luxury Liner", as I thought worse of the MC due to his dubious internal monologues expanded upon in the LN.)

Dex-chan lover
You are still missing many points for example yeah they were forcibly isekaied, but the alternative was death. They even had thr alternative to go back to death if they wanted (at least in theory) And Its not like Sophia cut this bridge at all, she said "u need to train more" because you see a you Boy with the body strength of a toddler and bizarre/weak skills, what are you supposed to do?

She was not even rude, just cold and objective (if you saw the next raw and wn u sure know there is a reason for it) So again, its overly exageration how bad Sophia actually was.

Again I am enphathysing a lot the context given by the manga only.

Of course with her context things will look different, but the mistake you are making is judging by a context known only by Makoto because he is abnormal and he cant even be fully clear about his abilities because 1-he doesnt know that well and 2- he doesnt want to say too much about her goddess that is an "Evil" one and many dont aprove that.

So even with the context with the manga alone, you guys are overeacting.
Yeah, one also has to point out that once she was reminded who he was she immediately reprimanded the guy insulting him, then bowed her head in apology while straight out admitting she made a mistake.
Hell people again forget that stat and skill type wise our MC was and most importantly is actually EXTREMELY weak. What makes him strong is that he grinded the fuck out of every ability he has and spend a year working out very creative ways to use them. Him being a Spirit User now is by far his strongest ability but statwise he still has the stats of a Commoner of his level. This is no assumption but stated multiple times in story ... and is even important later for a spoilery reason. Nonetheless People acknowledge his deeds and skill in story, especially despite his weakness.
Honestly I have another take about why the Princess reprimanded her brother here, I get the feeling from earlier interactions she is rather protective of him and simply didn't want him in any danger, only relenting once actual danger appeared where he was needed.

Dex-chan lover

Big difference.
I'm not going to deny that there's a difference in how things went down in the story at hand. However, I was replying to someone who asked, "what you would do if an inexperienced person said 'ay give me weapons because I want to help in war'. Is there any easy answer?" and that scenario came to mind for that situation, where in 300 a legitimate rejection then resulted in fury from the scorned. It is a similar scenario here, too, thinking about it, though how it was handled on both sides is much different.

Thanks for the IMDB link pointing to the character's name, though; I don't really remember them saying his name in the movie much, if at all, and I've always just remembered him as "the backstabbing cripple from 300".

Users who are viewing this thread