Furyou Taimashi Reina - Vol. 3 Ch. 30.1 - Exorcism #30.1 - Omake

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter, lol angsty post time skip flashback Reina still looks awesome. I think Hiro is supposed to serve as a sorta comparison or parallel for Reina and her development up to where we see her in the manga. He was originally very gung ho about becoming a medium and exorcist but when it backfired on him and he saw the consequence of his mistake via someone he admired and cared about it caused him to become disillusioned with his dream and give it up. While Reina went from initially from mildly timid and not wanting to be involved with it for reasons including it going against her ideal for how a girl should be then do to some unmentioned catalyst she started delving into it and despite some failures and resistance from her parents still continues to pursue it to some degree up to that point. From what little we see in this chapter it doesn't look like she's using her bullying tactics at this point either just pure violence almost like she's venting or taking something out on the ghosts she can successfully exorcise. I wonder if this flashback arc will explain her transition from angst filled, self doubting exorcist to the confident, successful, and very delinquent ghost bullying exorcist we see in the present.
Also I really, really at this point want to see what her parents are like. Are they traditionalists or... trendsetters like their daughter?

Is he actually dead? Is he gonna die?
I ship them. They have a comfy atmosphere.
(no more plot twist pls. life has been hard enough on both of them 😭)

I don't think Hiro is dead at this point in the flashback. The teacher was talking to him and he was moving physical objects. I do feel like he will die in this flashback though.

At this point Reina still seems unsure about performing exorcisms, but maybe Hiro's eventual death in this flashback and being forced to exorcise him is what will push her to fully embrace exorcism and turn her into the Reina we now know.

I'm interested in seeing where this flashback will go with this. This is better than Chii-chan chapters at least.

Also, black-haired Reina and her excited face about the Nyankee anime was super cute.

hnmm after reread of this chapter, something definitely happened during those times she transferred, that's why Reina's expression looked grim. so Hiro ≠ Hikaru, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread