Furyou Taimashi Reina

Fed-Kun's army
Starts out fantastic but really nosedives at the "This Man" arc with the forced backstory reveals and never really recovers its pacing. Not too surprising that it ended relatively early for that reason, since it rapidly ran out of character plots.

Dex-chan lover
Incredible underrated manga!
I wish it would get become an anime!
We could maybe support and suggest the Mangaka via his Twitter to get an anime if a studio accepts it.

Group Leader
This manga is truly something special. Even with the axe the mangaka was still able to make the most out of this wonderful story. Man it's just... so good. Everything about this is perfect. Thank you so much for the translations! I probably won't be able to get this manga out of my head for the next 2 weeks

Dex-chan lover
Axe-kun ghost was here, but Reina with kicks and cultural words finished the great story
Yes, I want more about Riku (dog) but is ok

I will admit, this horror comedy series did take me a few chapters to actually enjoy it since the beginning was a bit slow. But it eventually started to pick up and things got more interesting. The creep factor slowly ramped up a bit and the comedy of averting expectations became more enjoyable as Reina slowly got accustomed to the group. There's also a nice bit of horror mystery on each of the arcs for the readers to guess what is going on with Reina and Kokoro.

That said, I think this series could use some touching up with transitioning the arcs and pacing them appropriately. While each arc is pretty good on their own, they do feel a bit disjointed from each other due to the lack of tie-ins aside from
, but even those have some room for improvements. With how sudden things show up in the story, they end up feeling like plot conveniences. As it is, it feels like a trapdoor opens underneath the readers and then they're suddenly dropped into a sudden new scenario. This does affect the pacing a bit as well. Speaking of which, the pacing does feel a bit fast at times, especially when certain arcs feel like they come to an abrupt end since things get resolved so quickly. Not to mention, we breezed by 2 years of school so fast since there were sudden random timeskips. The mangaka might as well began the story at year 3 rather than year 2, giving the timespan of the series to remain a consistent 1 year. There's definitely room for the series to be fleshed out and to improve the overall pacing. The the story and arcs slowly build up into the new arcs without making things sudden. Let the story simmer. Don't rush things and suddenly shove plot conveniences into the readers face. And then let the arc's resolution slowly cool down. Make things smoothly transition well between the arcs. Leave some more hints and foreshadows earlier in the story. If all this was achieved, this story would've be a solid 10 from me.

8-9/10; A pretty great horror comedy series that could use some touch up with its pacing.

Users who are viewing this thread