Futago no Ane ga Miko to shite Hikitorarete, Watashi wa Suterareta kedo Tabun Watashi ga Miko de aru. - Vol. 6 Ch. 23.2

Dex-chan lover
Ladies and gentlemen, today we have observed something we like to call "natural selection", also known as "f*** around and find out" among the youngsters.

People often believe you can just plant anything in verdant areas and it'll grow, but that's a misconception. The native vegetation is consuming all the nutrients in the soil, so new crops have barely any chance of surviving since their roots are too small and weak to compete against the bigger trees that have spread their roots much further and grown thick. The native vegetation also recycles its consumed nutrients when the leaves and dry branches fall off in their vicinity, those nutrients are not going back to the soil far enough to reach the weaker plants.

You need to prepare the soil by first cutting down the existing trees and then fertilize the area, otherwise it'll just end up as we saw. Part of the reason why the village has enough food to sustain itself is because of Lerunda's powers, sure, but also because they properly opened up space by cutting down the trees that would have stolen the nutrients as well. Lerunda's powers must have just fertilized the soil unbeknownst to them.

And I'm going to bring up a point I made a few chapters ago - if those guys are so prone to violence and blame shifting, it makes me wonder if the reason they've been chased out isn't because they made it impossible to cohabitate with other tribes and got kicked out justly. If anything, the people after them seem to be victims, judging their behavior towards Lerunda and Roma.

Speaking of which, Lerunda is being too harsh on herself, she's just a 7 years old kid. You can't change the opinion of someone who's making purely emotional judgements, and you can't protect them from their own bad decisions. The only thing you can do is let them learn the hard way or let them exhaust their emotions so they're able to see reality for what it is. And I'm glad the story isn't making it lesson that Lerunda has to learn, but rather Roma by facing the consequences of his own stupidity!
To add a bit to this. This is why growing food crops are not as easy as some people thought, especially those doomsday preppers who bought seed packages and think they can throw seeds to the ground and food will just grow. Food crops also take weeks or months to grow before they are ready to eat.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And this is why you don't try to be too kind to others. I still don't know what his actual motivations are. If he just wants to help them why not talk it out with the village? Sure they can't immediately accept them into the village but they can have agreements with labor/trading/assistance/etc. Shouldering everything helping them is a dumb decision.

Dex-chan lover
Oh the manga is going into more detail into how The Gods will literally punish and curse whoever they consider to have done wrong to the true Miko, she doesn't even have to do anything to take revenge on those who wronged her, she has a literal divine auto-defense system that will do it for her without her even knowing
She's got that karma engine passive

Dex-chan lover
And this is why you don't try to be too kind to others. I still don't know what his actual motivations are. If he just wants to help them why not talk it out with the village? Sure they can't immediately accept them into the village but they can have agreements with labor/trading/assistance/etc. Shouldering everything helping them is a dumb decision.
Being kind to others is a good thing, just not to people that are as aggressive as those fanatics are. Never trust religious people! They are mentally unstable.

Dex-chan lover
Being kind to others is a good thing, just not to people that are as aggressive as those fanatics are. Never trust religious people! They are mentally unstable.
Depends on how deeply religious they are. If it's a quiet, private thing, then they're probably fine. If they're forcefully evangelizing and judging, run: They're either Mormons, Jehova Witnesses or Karens.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh, you're not the MC. Your talking-no-jutsu is moot. Even the power of nakama wouldn't work since your tribe can so easily abandon you. Your plot armor equipped is a faulty item that can only be used once. Now I'm just hoping the hero saving the damnsel situation doesn't happen. I'd actually be happy with your exit outta the stage by now. Your sacrifice to move the plot shall be appreciated 👍🏻

Dex-chan lover
[...]
Speaking of which, Lerunda is being too harsh on herself, she's just a 7 years old kid. You can't change the opinion of someone who's making purely emotional judgements, and you can't protect them from their own bad decisions. The only thing you can do is let them learn the hard way or let them exhaust their emotions so they're able to see reality for what it is. And I'm glad the story isn't making it lesson that Lerunda has to learn, but rather Roma by facing the consequences of his own stupidity!
The only part of your comment I'd like to add to is that; there is indeed a lesson for Lerunda to learn from this happening: to take responsibility for others actions is, more often than not, not kindness but arrogance.

Dex-chan lover
Yup it's always easier to blame someone else.

Also fun fact, while reading this manga I was going, 'please kill him' all the time..I got what I wanted! Hurray!
Don't count your chickens before they hatched... I'll be pleasantly surprised if the mangaka will actually see it through, rather then this being the obligatory end-of-chapter "cliffhanger"

Dex-chan lover
Sure, blame it on him. Put all the responsibility on someone that’s not even from your tribe to begin with, and then when it doesn’t work it’s all his fault.
That is what people do naturally. The looks for the nail that sticks out the highest and hammer down. Ryoma is that nail

Dex-chan lover
Larunda and Roma got one thing in common, savior complex.
In Larunda's case, since somehow she knew she's the miko, she automatically insert herself as the hero. Forgetting that she just a child.
In Roma's case, i think he wasn't that starve as he said he was. For someone who was treated the same as his people, he should know to keep distance. Its ok to help but why does it turn into "they thanked me" obsession? Hungry for compliment huh? I guess that is what he's starving for.

Dex-chan lover
i dont get people who think they can and should SAVE everyone!!!
YOU'RE NOT A GOD!!! FFS

Users who are viewing this thread