Futari Bus - Ch. 48 - Sharing a Bite

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 11, 2018
Messages
1,213
If she was shown to think it over and decide to ignore him and refuse to give the cookies while avoiding conversation then yes you'd be correct.

Thing is, she caved with no pressure and gave him a bag. What they're doing is making her self conscious and embarassed. Its why she ordered him to not eat it on the bus (where she can see his reaction) and she covered it up with "dont eat them all before dinner". What was never even an idea is now up close in front of her most days.

Uh, not eating it on the bus is just common courtesy, cookies crumbs can get everywhere and not eating them before dinner is just another common courtesy, most of the time you won't be able to finish dinner if you ate too much snack before that. She just nagged like a mother.
 
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2023
Messages
2,296
Yess the kind you don't feel like MC is getting abused just because she doesnt want to be honest. I love this kind of tsundere where you can feel she's just shy to be honest but isnt making the guy she likes feel bad for her actions(like shouting at him, beating him, making him feel inferior with hurtful words).
Recently I was reading a novel and a "tsundere" princess kept ordering the guy like a lackey and people in the comments were like "how cute, she's a tsundere" and I was "wtf excuse me? I just see her being very overbearing to the point every sentence was like 'MC did what she asked because she was glaring as if she would kill him if he refused'". The worst thing is that I felt like the only one in the comments and everyone else was praising the girl.
Indeed. Abusing someone you love can never be an acceptable way of showing your affection. This behaviour is often used as a comedy trigger in many works, not only mangas, and that's pretty questionable.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Messages
1,017
i think the opposite really. i think she's really been thinking about it and is very aware of "something" happening but she's really embarrassed and doesn't know how to deal with it.

If she hadn't thought much about it, we wouldn't have gotten the tsudere page and she would have just given it to him casually.

If anything, I think she's probably giving it more thought than Shunpei as she's probably an overthinker ;)
Fwiw, I interpreted that moment as her trying to course-correct -- her sudden sharp awareness of the matter making her act unusual, going out of her way to prove (perhaps to herself) that it's not like that. Not quite tsundere act due to embarrassment, but more along the lines of lying to herself to preserve normalcy.
Both are likely valid interpretations and I'm curious where her head's truly at. We haven't really gotten to see her thoughts on the matter directly, so the author is doing a good job at keeping the reader guessing based on nothing but her expressions and actions.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
117
Fwiw, I interpreted that moment as her trying to course-correct -- her sudden sharp awareness of the matter making her act unusual, going out of her way to prove (perhaps to herself) that it's not like that. Not quite tsundere act due to embarrassment, but more along the lines of lying to herself to preserve normalcy.
Both are likely valid interpretations and I'm curious where her head's truly at. We haven't really gotten to see her thoughts on the matter directly, so the author is doing a good job at keeping the reader guessing based on nothing but her expressions and actions.
Yeah I do think the author is so good at keeping An more mysterious by deliberately obscuring her expressions a lot. It really keeps the tension as we see a bit more from Shunpei's view
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top