Futari nara Doko e demo - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - First time in Niijima

Dex-chan lover
Me after chapter 1: "Oh hey, cool. They're not doing the usual 'super dense and socially awkward idiots can't be around each other even though they're in a relationship!' trope! These two are going to comfortably close the gap because they get off on the right foot in chapter 1. It's a miracle!"

Manga, chapter 2: "Haha! Psych, idiot! Look how awkward and idiotic they are now!"

Can manga authors just, like, not help themselves or something? Is there this weird compulsion to jam 'mandatory' tropes into any work even if they don't need it?

Double-page supporter
images

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, how long until this thing gets axed?

I hope not because there's a fun concept at the heart of this (cross-cultural travelogue with a new/fresh couple). But the author sold that originality out after 1 chapter to fall back on tired rom-com manga cliches so that's not a positive sign.

Also can't imagine it's cheap to send said author out to do "research" at vacation spots or whatever, presuming the publisher is footing at least some of the bill for that. That'll make it harder to justify the series' existence if its performance lags.

Dex-chan lover
So, I'm presuming this is a monthly release, not a bi-monthly, seeing as how the ".1/.2" chaps were a day apart...
Overall, fun story so far; a bit cliche, but hey, I didn't go into it expecting something like Hinamatsuri, or WotaKoi for romance.
Liking the instinctive fall-back to russian though, it's a fun touch to Karen.

A Cute Holo, wearing a nice dress, surrounded by wheat.

Dex-chan lover
i dont think this artist has any idea how breasts work
hmmm it depends, he did some h*ntai doujins and i think he did it right. especially for women with big breats who dont wear bra.

anyways if you need reference of that doujin his author nickname there is Kaduchi, search this title too "Papa-san to Issho". the girl there looks like karen (the main FMC)

Dex-chan lover
She has a problem with them being in a mixed bath?
YOU TWO HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR SIX MONTHS NOW FFS

As stated above, this had a lot of promise in it's initial chapter, but it just HAD to dip into the bucket of cliches once again.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like all manga authors are stuck in arranged marriages. You can't possibly enjoy baiting people in with something different only to do a 180º and write retired crap that doesn't even resemble your bait.

Cool the mangaka travels there though, reminds me of how everything from classrooms to outdoor locations in Hyouka was modeled after real life classrooms and locations (down do the smallest details like what's inside closets with glass doors). I get the feeling this manga is going to use all the stupid retired tropes and each chapter (and the mangaka's travels) get funded by whatever location the story features.

Dex-chan lover
between the lame tropes, (somewhat iffy translations), and some drawings that make no actual sense, this series sure took a skydive.
Will give it one more chapter I guess, but my expectations are pretty low.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh russian in this manga is god awful. She says "working", as in "someone/thing who works", and it's translated as "I'm dead". Just how? And that "amazing" word in the end actually means just "good". And even then, it somehow got separated into two words written like someone heard a japanese person say it and written it just like it sounds, with a thick accent.
I know y'all don't really care about this stuff, since you won't be able to read it anyways, but I just can't imagine how small of a fuck you have to give to not even simply use google translator.
Truly one of the mangas of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread