Futari nara Doko e demo - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - First time in Niijima

Dex-chan lover
She has a problem with them being in a mixed bath?
YOU TWO HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR SIX MONTHS NOW FFS

As stated above, this had a lot of promise in it's initial chapter, but it just HAD to dip into the bucket of cliches once again.
Nah they've been married for one month.

I'm surprised that we skipped the whole dating phase though. Joji seems to be happy to be married to Karen, but Karen's so busy with work, they don't get to have couple moments. So Joji in this chapter set up a trip for couple moments. But they only had one, because his ulterior motives got the better of him. Perhaps if he was honest, they could have had better couple moments. That visit to the beach must have been great for the sights though!

@ma_ko I think at page 11, it should be "another", not "other". Also, are you sure Hanabushi is a him? That looks like a skirt.

Lastly, on page 21, there's a hanging ', so I think that should be removed.
Bruh russian in this manga is god awful. She says "working", as in "someone/thing who works", and it's translated as "I'm dead". Just how? And that "amazing" word in the end actually means just "good". And even then, it somehow got separated into two words written like someone heard a japanese person say it and written it just like it sounds, with a thick accent.
I know y'all don't really care about this stuff, since you won't be able to read it anyways, but I just can't imagine how small of a fuck you have to give to not even simply use google translator.
Truly one of the mangas of all time.
Is it the raws, or the scanlators?

Dex-chan lover
I just went back to re-read the first chapter and none of these stupid cliches were there. The only one that was really prominent was his family badgering him about getting married, particularly his mom doing the "I want to see the faces of my grandkids" line. She has one line where she says she's "not good at moving" and has trouble with the stairs, but she's not a complete klutz (if anything it just seems like she has no stamina which would make sense if her job is sitting and drawing all day). She gets flustered by finding out he's muscular or when the passer-by mistakes them for a couple but she has no trouble hanging out with him for the whole day without spiraling into a crazy mess.

The only thing I learned/discovered is that I never noticed how awful the artist is at drawing ears (good luck unseeing it after the first time you notice) and that his one sister looks too much like the wife.

Dex-chan lover
So, I'm presuming this is a monthly release, not a bi-monthly, seeing as how the ".1/.2" chaps were a day apart...
Overall, fun story so far; a bit cliche, but hey, I didn't go into it expecting something like Hinamatsuri, or WotaKoi for romance.
Liking the instinctive fall-back to russian though, it's a fun touch to Karen.

A Cute Holo, wearing a nice dress, surrounded by wheat.
Based random addition of best girl

Dex-chan lover
For romance to work you need to care about the characters and their relationship. So far this is two hot people that are attracted to each other. We know othing about them or their relationship. This sucks.

Dex-chan lover
Now that's the totally authentic russkiy yazik experience I wanted. Both instances of Russian here are cringe inducing.
First - actually an adjective from the word for work/labour, formed in a way that would suggest relevance to the latter in a bureaucratic manner, like a document of some kind (as opposed to the action of working). Also, the resulting word is referring to a grammatically female subject based on its ending. Overall, no relation to being dead tired.
Second - a butchered version of the word "good". Split in two, both vowels in the first half are wrong (hara instead of horo), and an extra letter at the end of the second half, forming the word for "show" (also pronounced closely to "show"). With the liberal use of "hara" for puns in manga you could even jokingly take the resulting combination as "harassment show".

2 days 1 night isn't a real vacation, it's just a quick weekend jaunt. And with travel to and from the place then even optimistically it's probably more like 1.5 days of doing actual vacation stuff. They're basically leaving almost as soon as they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread