Futari nara Doko e demo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1 - First time in Oarai

Dex-chan lover
Only because most Ukrainians know and speak russian.
No, I wasn't referring to how a Ukrainian would speak or write in Russian; one can translate the passages as Ukrainian.
If she'd speak in ukrainian, russians wouldn't understand the shit.
If someone spoke Cantonese where Mandarin Chinese prevailed, most of the listeners would at best struggle to understand. None-the-less, those two languages are closely related and written very similarly.
Take your ethnic antipathy elsewhere.

Dex-chan lover
Why translate passages as Ukrainian, when she specifically said that she's from Vladivostok lol
She hadn't said that in the first chapter, which is why people were wondering and why I hedged my answer that she were probably Russian. Kinda stupid of you to lose track.
Go cry about it loser.
I'm not going to accept the judgment of a bigot here.

Dex-chan lover
You can't even differentiate russian from ukrainian.
Nope, you want to claim that, because I see the intersection of two languages, somehow I'm a bigot who cannot differentiate them. The sole exhibition of bigotry was in your calling Ukrainian “shit”.

Group Leader
Nope, you want to claim that, because I see the intersection of two languages, somehow I'm a bigot who cannot differentiate them. The sole exhibition of bigotry was in your calling Ukrainian “shit”.
I didn't call ukrainian shit, it's an idiom you dumbass.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't call ukrainian shit, it's an idiom you dumbass.
You literally called it shit, dumbass. And if you didn't mean for your clumsy attempt at English to be mistaken, you could have noted as much when I first quoted your doing it, instead of writing
Go cry about it loser.
At this stage, you seem to be trying to retcon-away your bigotry.

Last edited:
Group Leader
You literally called it shit, dumbass. And if you didn't mean for your clumsy attempt at English to be mistaken, you could have noted as much when I first quoted your doing it, instead of writing
Not my fault that you've misunderstood it, moron. lol

Dex-chan lover
Not my fault that you've misunderstood it, moron. lol
No, if I had misunderstood, then it would have been your fault. But since your reaction was originally not that I'd misunderstood, but instead that my reaction to your bigotry should be to
Go cry about it loser.
it's pretty clear that you're now trying to backtrack. Just one more fuck-up on your part.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Only because most Ukrainians know and speak russian.

If she'd speak in ukrainian, russians wouldn't understand the shit.

Also it should be "Kruto", not "kracho".
Perhaps mangaka was trying to go with "классно" ("cool")? I mean, Japanese seem to have trouble telling "l" and "r" apart and Latin "H" looks like Cyrillic "Н" (only capitalized though). It's somewhat weird mangaka went from Cyrillic script to Translit (Russian in Latin script) mid-chapter, though.

Also, Oeconomist is kinda right there, you said "wouldn't understand the shit" instead of "wouldn't understand shit" - that made a huge effect on the meaning of the phrase. I do agree that Ukrainian is hard for an average Russian, although knowing some regional Russian dialects helps a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Is Manga/LN leaving their Gyaru phase for the Russians now lol?

Dex-chan lover
All these arguments are missing the real question - why does she call herself Karen Romanov if she's a girl? Shouldn't it be Karen Romanova?
Haha! Yeah, either the translator mistranslated the original manga, or the mangaka didn't understand the gendering of surnames in Russian.

(The Russian immigrants whom I know maintain that gendering.)

Dex-chan lover
w... wha-
even SURNAMES are gendered in russian?
Depends on the origin of the surname, but generally speaking - yes. Pretty sure that goes for most slavic languages in general.
It's not nearly as ridiculous as Lithuanian surname forms, for example.

Dex-chan lover
The funniest part of the chapter was that on the stairs she said not "strashno" - [I'm] scared, but "strasnyi" - [He's] scary. It got me confused for a minute lmao

Users who are viewing this thread