Futari no Kokuhaku - Oneshot

Group Leader
Hey, at least the synopsis was very clear about the contents, so I walked in wide eyed and aware. Still got feels'd.
thank @/ApathyManga on twitter for letting me borrow their synopsis LOL
i could not for the life of me come up with a succinct one when i first uploaded it so up until a couple hours ago it only had the award-winning bit

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what I wanna write, but heck... I'm not crying! Just water coming out from my eyes. It's so bittersweet and sweet at the same time. Need some fluffy yuri after this.

Dex-chan lover
It's a happy ending, but not really because it really is just going to get worse from here. Dementia at 31 is horrible, she still has her whole life ahead of her too, it's sad.

Dex-chan lover
Ah. That last page hurts in a good way. Kuraki's expression is so good, and what she says in the last panel is gold.
Thanks so much for the translation!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolute banger of a one shot hot damn

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely don't feel like I'm the same person after reading this, goddamn 😭 No wonder this won an award

Contributor
Youthful idealism and the shining power of love vs the harsh reality of a bleak future, having to take care of said loved one for many years even before she's gone old.

Early-onset Alzheimer's isn't a joke, I have seen someone like that and the person taking care of them has basically given up their life and future to continue taking care of them.

That said, neither of them gave up and that's what I love about this. It has that "us against the world" feel with nearly everything stacked against them, and even then for a moment at least it feels like they're winning with those rings on their hands.

This is excellent stuff.

An amazing oneshot in a sea of cookie cutter GL oneshots, the only reason why I still bother going through all of these.

Users who are viewing this thread