Futarijime Romantic - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Romance is Right Around the Corner

Dex-chan lover
weary sigh Well I can't say I didn't see it coming sooner or later... Now we get the existential crisis of "which boy do I actually like"... it's not that it's a BAD cliche in itself, I just feel it makes every FMC that its applied to seem flighty, indecisive and fickle, and instantly forces an invalidation of much that comes before it. Just not my favorite cliche, though I have seen it done well, rarely. I suppose I'll see how it goes this time.

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
not like this...
i'd become an arsonist if it meant burning every love triangle cliche in manga
I agree in part... They don't bother me as much when the decision process is more of the "journey". When it's tossed in solely to disrupt, I find myself annoyed. Fairly, some slight groundwork was laid for it here, I just find the timing a little late, seemingly for dramatic value only. Triangles that arise from the start or preexisting relationships feel more "organic" and less tropey to me. Hokkaido Girls and Kuroiwa Medaka are good examples of triangles (at least) that start "from the ground up". RomCom harems are cliche in themselves, but I suppose it's in the execution for me. Seishun Heavy Rotation does it well also. Here, it's too early for me to determine how it'll be handled, but I can certainly appreciate the annoyance of the timing.

Group Leader
God bless the cleaner/redrawer for the cover
Thankfully it didn't need to be cleaned or redrawn! The official site posted a clean copy when they uploaded the chapter, whereas the cover with all the words is from the magazine it was originally published in. I was really happy too bc it's such a cute picture.

Users who are viewing this thread