Futsuu na Bokura no - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

hehe they are getting closer😏

Anyways, thank you so much for the translations. We really appreciate you and all your hard work

My feelings are confused by this series and I’m not sure what to think about any of this.

I think he just has really low self esteem. He can't seem to find the distinction between empathy and sympathy when it comes to how those around him respond to his disability. He was harsh but I think he just doesn't want to go along with just vague feelings when he himself isn't 100% sure what it is to really like someone unconditionally since his disability is such a big condition of who he is. He just needs some serious personal growth but it's difficult when the people around him can only offer sympathy rather than empathizing with him since they have never experienced having the same condition. He also has to understand that sympathy isn't always the same as pity, and that sometimes sympathy comes from the desire to want to better understand him. That's what I think atleast...😅

BXP

@madra_b I was a little confused, because I didn't remember very well what happened before, so what you said was a great help! Now, I agree with you... He has no confidence on himself, and it's understandable. Sometimes, it seems he wants to give it a go, to belive, but his traumas make him back off. In certain point of view, it's very noble of him to try to protect her from his vague (romantic) feelings.
So, he is character who needs time to grow and be able to face someone honestly. When that moment comes, I think it'll be more wonderful than a fast and easy going relashionship.

@blueoddog @BXP
Thank you for the responses! I'm glad there are people who agree! Honestly I was a little frustrated with his character last chapter but after this chapter it really helped me to understand his character a little more and sympathize with him a bit more. I can't wait to see where this manga will go and how the characters will change 😊

This is such a nice change of pace where the FL isn't the one who needs significant character development. She's just grateful to be alive and trying to follow her heart. Meanwhile, the ML is the one who is insecure and obviously has to grow a lot more before he feels comfortable with following through on a potential love interest.

madra_b's explanation was on point. People only see him as annoying but the manga already offer us 6 chapters—including the flashbacks—so far to understand his character. It's quite painful to see how he reacts sternly about empathy and sympathy things that he couldn't understand. Really great characterization from the author! His vulnerability gaves off a distance between him and other people. It's alright I think. Even I have to disagree with what Hidaka said before, "know him properly". Whether she speak for her past self or whatever, it's good enough to take things slowly. And our Heroine capable of doing that somehow.

Guh, this gonna be a heart-wrecking romance story and this is definitely just the start of their journey *shudder*.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm gonna drop this so hard it's going to leave a mark on the floor... and I'm sad because "Aoyama Tsukiko desu!" was really a good story one of the best, but this... I can't even say that it's the same author.

Users who are viewing this thread