Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
Ah shit, here we go again with Onodera's Feelings like

Dex-chan lover
While i get the complaints for "dragging out," but the teens told jirou to stay silent isn't shocking?
The open sexual harassment is obviously bad. But its immediately established that the harassers were repeat offenders. Know what happens if you snitch? At worst they get suspended. At best, a slap on the wrist. Now you've got a target on your back for something even worse.

Aggregator gang
Shiori is saying "we are not in elementary school anymore" to emphasize their bodies are changing and this harassment is becoming more serious.

Pretty clear he will stand up to the bullies later and get ostracized pretty much the whole of middle school for it.

We're about to see a long crossing of the desert because he tried to help Shiori and, considering how she acts at the beginning of the manga, she is not even aware of it (as weird as that can sound) so people are about to be even more angry at her.

This is definitely NOT a chapter to raise her prospects.

Dex-chan lover
This little sob story doesn't make me feel sorry for her at all

100%. Like d0shie said, it's a regularly practiced attempt at playing up the interest of the third wheel and making her a more credible potential love interest. It doesn't--like most other attempts--change anything, however; this is especially because of something Shiori reflected on:

They were changing.

Yes, that's right: see, at an elementary school age, what happened before Shiori and Jirou parted ways would make sense (in fact, Jirou's action would be somewhat exceptionally bold); but they'd gotten older by the time of that parting--and were just about to enter high school. That excuse has long faded, because they'd both aged (a lot can happen to spur growth in just those few years, as Shiori recalled--and, in keeping with that, it doesn't have to be something good) and matured to some degree.

Or, at least, Jirou did. Jirou, despite his overwhelming feelings, did what a male is expected to in a situation like this--he approached the girl; Shiori, despite actually having always been romantically fond of Jirou (I had a feeling this was the case), chose to shut his advance down and friendzone him. If you reversed the positions in that exchange, and just simply had Jirou dillydallying about instead of making the move at that critical juncture; and, as a result, Jirou lost his chance and Shiori ended up with a good man, then mark my words: no one would question it. Shiori had her chance--she had Jirou, and then decided with her actions she didn't really want him all that badly after all.

That is, until Akari came along.

Dex-chan lover
Why the author is dragging the story with this weak ass attempt to make us care for Shiori, we're 61 chapters in he had plenty of time to do that before.

Double-page supporter
She is plain stupid and “pure” (for some, not for me though)

Aggregator gang
What am I suppose to feel here? So you've like him for a long time and felt jealous when others like him too. I'm pretty sure we've already established that fact a long time ago, it literally adds nothing. And then that happened out of nowhere, then he wanted to stand up for you, then you stopped him, not even because you worried that he would get in trouble but because you didn't want everyone to know for some reasons. And then the other girl said "You should be more aware of this stuffs.", and then "We're are not in elementary school anymore." Like, what the fuck are they talking about?
Modern women I think also I think nowadays in some places u can get in trouble for defending a woman

Dex-chan lover
I skimmed through this chapter, sorry Mr mangaka but you can’t just give a cardboard cut out a sad backstory after 60 chapters and expect me to feel sympathy, let alone actually care.

Just waiting for best girl to show up and act like a wife again

Users who are viewing this thread