G Joshi! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Delusional Girls

Dex-chan lover
The moment of realisation they just genderbent each other. And they just proceeded with it. Priceless.
+
Considering the environment, wouldn't it be double genderbent BL in a room of their closet fujoshi friend... Well, it would've been premice of whole different story.

Dex-chan lover
Dafuq is Banchou thinking about? I thought she'll be the most degenerate of all 3 but her delusions are surprisingly vanilla. And sudden yuri? I'll take it but please include Banchou.

Dex-chan lover
This is the second manga after Hagure Idol, where I see the implied idea that women become bisexual sex-addicts due to long sexual abstinence. Is this some kind of common belief in Japan? In any case, it is amusingly combined with all these asexual male protagonists of harems and other generic romantic comedies. Amusingly , because Japanese culture associates libido precisely with male gender.

@YamiryuuZero The most ironic thing about all this crap is that women are usually much more passionate about criticizing any problematic content than men. Male authors usually use a bunch of loopholes even to add the most harmless lewd fetish, while female artist elevated the Bastard Boyfriend trope to one of the most overused cliches of the mainstream female-focused manga.

@Serenata Were you ready to drop it just because it wasn't yuri? Well, this is not yuri, but in the third volume there will be a lot of "totally no homo" experiments, yes.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan nah I wouldn't drop it, I didn't think it would ever become something romantic but to imagine your friend into your ideal sexual partner is very gay

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata They have zero experience with the guys, so they instinctively relay the positive sides of each other to the way they would like to see their partner. Moreover, judging by the fantasies and further nod to BL, they are looking for it predominantly in men. These things work especially often with parents, as these are the first close people and sources of support for you. However, I don’t think that the author was digging too deeply and just took it to make a rationale for the ridiculous yuri scene.

P.S I didn't think it would ever become something romantic -
Well, as far as I can tell, the third volume implies something one-sided near-romantic with another girl, but it doesn't seem like it went anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
@YamiryuuZero Ah, sorry, I forgot about this thread. I have noticed a similar trend for many years, especially since the days when shoujo was completely open about smut yuri and BL, not to mention frank incest or abuse plots.

Dex-chan lover
This was so realistic lmao.

When you are especially in high school if they ask you what kind of person your romantic ideal would be, you end up describing a best friend more than a real couple, since we have no experience.

Users who are viewing this thread