Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - Heading For New Horizons

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the translation!

Is not changing that much from the wn version...

Double-page supporter
Manga like these always have the most awful naming conventions.

Dex-chan lover
The leader of a major religion is the god of death... Yea, might be some trouble brewing there.

Elf having PTSD over a tentacle?

Aggregator gang
Thanatos is pope. Arc is also pope (it's not mentioned often but Arc has Pope as one of his subclasses).

So it's PvP : Pope vs Pope.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja I don't really mind, since it's really nothing more than what a bunch of Western authors do, where they pick a language at random and then mash up names (or even just words) that they think sound cool and call it done with little regards for the language's actual naming convention. In manga, we're just seeing it from the other side.

Aggregator gang
"hey i have an original idea!"
"what if we name these characters after the deadly sins?"

"Hmm... that's not very original though. It's been done countless times throughout the history of literature."

"but what if we made their personalities match their sin?"

"Fullmetal Alchemist already did that. In my opinion, it's lazy writing."

"...what if we made their last names the corresponding holy virtues?"

"..."
"YER A FUKIN' GENIUS GET THIS MAN A RAISE"

Dex-chan lover
These series always have a designated punching bag race that never catches a break. I'd be one thing if they lost a major war, but if they're a less "civilized" people living in grass huts, it gets touchy. It implies the differing treatment isn't simply discrimination, but an inevitable result of their differences in development. Those conquered peoples disappear from history as they're simply integrated into the common population of the victors but something like pointy ears and tails would become yellow badges.

Dex-chan lover
@kan1295 As mentioned before, it's Thanatos, the personification of Death in Greek Mythology.

Thanos's name is based off of Thanatos, in the comics he's absolutely OBSESSED with Death and that's is actually why he gets the Infinity Stones, to woe her.

Dex-chan lover
Oh great it’s the inquisition

Why can’t we have good guy religion for once?

Dex-chan lover
Actually, I go by Thanatos now. The extra h is for Hamazing!

Users who are viewing this thread