Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu

Odd

Do we really need to start our isekai adventure with rape? And isn't there a huge gap between the tone of the characters and the horrible shit going on in the background? I feel like we're missing a lot of character development and just jumped straight to him playing the good guy pitted against the worst kind of evil. It just seems like a cheap and easy way to introduce him. Also, the assault scenes are just an excuse to insert fanservice, aren't they? Ugghh. I have a soft spot for skeletons, but c'mon maaaan

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't even be mad if his un-cursed face looks like Garen. He's already got the armor for it, not to mention the sword.

Wow thought it would be just a Overlord clone but I am pleasantly surprised... MC reminds me alot of Alphonse from FMA... Would recommend checking out.

If you like overlord you will probably like this. Though be warned, from what is released it looks like it's going to be a 'slice of life' story similar to Death March to the Parallel World.

Double-page supporter
I honestly want to believe that people that liked Overlord weren't so shallow to like it just because MC is a skeleton.
I don't see why people keep comparing it to Overlord (beside the skeleton thingy, ofc) when this manga follows pretty standard isekai route: awaken -> save girl/heroine in distress -> join adventure guild -> acquire mascot -> get first/second heroine -> murderate things -> get second/third heroine -> murderate some more things.
I wouldn't call it bad, but it's nothing like Overlord.

@Dekunator
Try reading the Light Novel then. The novel's translation is up to volume 8, and the manga's current progress is around volume 2-3-ish of the novel, so you'd have like 5 more volumes of content!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this story pretty much has nothing to do with Overlord. Neither in tone, direction, or the nature of the characters. The MC being a skeleton is the only similarity, and that's like saying that if someone liked a suspense story with a black character, should also really like this other story, that's a standard comedy with a black main character.
That's just silly.

Pleasantly surprised by this manga.

Ainz-sama this protagonist is not, and that is a good thing.

Personally though, I feel that you can't really blame people for being skeptical of this manga being too similar to overlord without having read it first. The description does it no justice, with the both the setting and situation of both protagonists arriving in said world being almost parallel to one another. This manga is just further proof of what manga and anime has shown us for years, namely that similar concepts and formulas can be explored in different ways, and still be compelling in completely different fashions.

Banned
Yeah, this and overlord look the same on the surface, but that's where the similarities end.

Dex-chan lover
it's truly great how polished this manga turns out to be so far. the LN was pretty boring on many occassions, but the manga (thanks to the editors i guess) are fixing some issues while still keeping it fun and interesting. some slight story changes that hopefully will get rewarded in the long run as well.

Oh boy, i just catched up to this magnificent manga, i'm ready for Mr. Bones Wild Ride.

@maxman14 yes it can, where is the loli companion? and as a skeleton, he should have an undead or demonic companion too, even if the MC is actually a "cursed" human. He could also be called Momon, Ainz Ooal Gown or have a great necropolis... or a great castle and be insta-loved by everyone as most Isekai MCs are.

Users who are viewing this thread