Gaishuu Isshoku

@F15H The comments weren't helpful so I decided to try reading it for myself. If anything your comment encouraged me to do so.

I'm through chapter 9 and I'm just wondering if we're going to get any character development instead of this 1 step forward, 1 step back kind of stuff the whole time. This isn't a freaking 4-koma slapstick comedy, and a story where nothing changes is counter to the definition of a story. I'm still not sure if the author intends to make it worth reading. It's like, they keep hinting at it and then abruptly regressing.

So yeah, I can completely understand why people are complaining. Nobody likes being bait and switched thinking there will be a story worth reading only to have their time wasted.

Edit: For anyone thinking about reading it: At chapter 19 as of this writing, and it does slowly pull itself away from being almost a gag manga.

The only thing good from this manga is the comments reminds me of NTR hentai comments 🍟

Aggregator gang
Fucking lol @ the people defending this. The guy tries to coerce sex out of a girl that's desperate for basic shelter and then quivers in his boots at the sight of her and doesn't push back whatsoever when she one-ups him by blackmailing him for defending her on a train. They're both human scum. Anybody who thinks that disliking this makes you "insecure" and only a fan of self-insert stories about subservient wives is lying to themselves. This is bottom-tier manga about bottom-tier people, and it would still be exactly that if the main roles were switched. Anybody that isn't frustrated by the toxic, pathetic dynamic presented in this manga probably feels that way because they relate to the main characters on some level and want to stay overly charitable to prevent a cognitive dissonance.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is for masochists, if u like it or rated this a 10 you are probably one. Dont be in denial

The amount of cucks ( the losers that actually like this low-tier trash of a manga) is hilarious.

I just tried (yes tried) to read and endure until chapter eight to see if the story moves forward but the only thing I see is a typical japanese MC (a huge masochist) being ordered around by a bitch. Someone please tell me, does this changes later on? Or else I will drop it here. This is rage inducing -.-

Dex-chan lover
Thank you @mommunism for your comment, it is exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't express in a sufficiently polite way.

Contributor
@mommunism yeah the mian characters are trash, that does not mean the manga itself is trash, unless you have a pathological need to project yourself onto the protagonist. I don't see some part of myself in them, I just laugh at how scummy they get.

Aggregator gang
@ad_chiat It's quite funny that you would refer to relating to characters as a pathological need when it's literally the opposite of that. Healthy people are empathetic whether they'd like to be or not. It isn't just the main characters, it's every character, although the main characters are obviously presented in a more familiar sense (which makes relating to them easier). Humor is really subjective, so it's hard for me to say that this couldn't be funny to anybody, but even you do find some humor in them just being assholes, if that's all you get out of this I can't really see it as being worth your (or anybody else's) time and that doesn't seem to be what the author is going for.

@Wildfire_desu
Stupidity isn't a disability.

The amount of people who insult people who enjoy this is hilarious. There's a lot of questionable stuff out there like lolis and shit and you chose to be outraged at a manga where two adults are doing dumb shit. The fact that this manga is different from everything out here (with great art to boot) makes it interesting, a manga doesn't need to be realistic or rational to be entertaining. Please get the fuck out and do something you actually enjoy because being upset at something you can easily ignore is not healthy. Peace out.

Contributor
@mommunism well if you think that reading a few pages for 2 minutes and having some laughs is not worth it, that's your opinion, but you're clearly wrong in generalizing it to me and everyone else, given how popular short web comics are. I'm not reading this as some great literary piece with a deep plot and characters, I'm reading this just to chill out. Like @gosling11 said, you seem to be upset that this manga did not turn out what you expected it to be. And don't give me that "this is not what the author is going for" bs, the author might be going for a serious manga, but watching him fail is interesting in itself and does not affect my enjoyment of the manga. "Death of the author", as they say. And @Wildfire_desu, you're missing out on a lot of great novels and manga, like konosuba.

I think it's more comedy than romance but alright.
I don't find the characters likeable at all but it doesn't make this any less entertaining.

Holy, the amount of people in the chat trying to make this into a masochist or forced sex kind of thing is scary.

Relax.

Both characters are really annoying, no point for me if there is no romance. Only good thing is the sexy woman. I wish the japanese would get bored with the annoying bitch women and pathetic men and make more things that suit my taste. Wasted potential and good art yet again.

Aggregator gang
@gosling11 Critiquing something doesn't make me upset (or unhealthy, lol), but I know that projection is an easy escape when you have no argument. And people aren't complaining that this isn't "realistic." If it wasn't realistic people wouldn't care. The problem is that the author is obviously going for a realistic, serious story with shitty behavior as the primary appeal.

@ad_chiat The popularity of this manga doesn't demonstrate anything you're suggesting it does. I already gave my reason for minority of readers who feel the need to defend this, and I frankly don't believe that any healthy, somewhat intelligent person would read this to "chill out" and laugh at the author's incompetence (especially because incompetence isn't even the problem). You're either making excuses or you're misunderstanding something fundamental here.

@Sareg It's not explicitly forced, but it's very obviously coerced and is shitty enough to be illegal in every first world country, including Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread