Gakuen Mono no Otome Game no Sekai ni Tensei Shita kedo, Cheat-mochi no Haikei Danshi Seito datta you desu - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.1

Dex-chan lover
Here is a tip, although a direct translation from Carol's nickname would be Kyaro "Caro", her full name has been revealed to be "Caroline".

Japanese has this thing about abbreviating names to 2 or 3 digits, and "Caroline" is certainly not a native japanese names, so it's just a thing that works for them, but if we were to hear it, it feels like there is something missing.

If we were to abbreviate "Caroline" here it would be "Carol", so translation "Kyaro" to Carol wouldn't be wrong because of this context.

Regarding the MC's name, his name is "KENTO" in japanese, but I know that MTL for some reason sometimes translates it as "Kenta", still, since it's not a Japanese name, I would say that "Kent" is the more appropriate translation.

I hate how in so many of these medieval type settings they have prices based around current Yen rates. No culture in that time frame has the inflation rates required for a hotel to cost 10000 of anything let alone a physical currency like gold or copper coins.

Dex-chan lover
I hate how in so many of these medieval type settings they have prices based around current Yen rates. No culture in that time frame has the inflation rates required for a hotel to cost 10000 of anything let alone a physical currency like gold or copper coins.
I'll warn you that, if you are looking for a stable medieval setting, this story is the one that you should stay the furthest away from.

As a reader of the WN, up to chapter 636 (the latest one):

- The nobles don't have a family name. For example, what is Caroline's family name? Even her father is "Baron Frederick". And Josette's father is always called just as "Duke", and her brothers, sisters and mother just by their names, we never get their family names. Even the Royal family doesn't have family names, even the capture target's families are merely referred by their positions (Prime Minister and son of Prime Minister for example).

- The Kingdom also doesn't have a name, same for the nearby places like the enemy Principality. Seriously, there are about 4 named places: Tior (main city), Sanputo (Carol's father's new territory), Cogena (Supposedly Rachel's home village) and Raoci (Tia-sensei's home village).

The economy also doesn't make much sense, with so much money being spend in Kent's terminal that can't return to the economy that it's amazing that there has been no deflation, in fact, Duke's family must have infinite money.

So yeah, all settings are just for reader (Japanese) convenience.

I'll warn you that, if you are looking for a stable medieval setting, this story is the one that you should stay the furthest away from.

As a reader of the WN, up to chapter 636 (the latest one):

- The nobles don't have a family name. For example, what is Caroline's family name? Even her father is "Baron Frederick". And Josette's father is always called just as "Duke", and her brothers, sisters and mother just by their names, we never get their family names. Even the Royal family doesn't have family names, even the capture target's families are merely referred by their positions (Prime Minister and son of Prime Minister for example).

- The Kingdom also doesn't have a name, same for the nearby places like the enemy Principality. Seriously, there are about 4 named places: Tior (main city), Sanputo (Carol's father's new territory), Cogena (Supposedly Rachel's home village) and Raoci (Tia-sensei's home village).

The economy also doesn't make much sense, with so much money being spend in Kent's terminal that can't return to the economy that it's amazing that there has been no deflation, in fact, Duke's family must have infinite money.

So yeah, all settings are just for reader (Japanese) convenience.
I wasn't really even talking about this story in particular, its just one of the more egregious examples so it set me off.

Users who are viewing this thread