Gal Assi - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Something ya have to tell me?

Dex-chan lover
Come on author-san... it'd have been perfect if he completed the confession and THEN regretted it...

But go through with it...

Don't drag out the relationship...
Like I've stated before, he's a coward, and honestly it's getting old

Dex-chan lover
Mie had a lot of guts almost doing a confession, but he faltered at the last word lol. I guess he wasn't too confident with his words yet.

Well, at least Tomimatsu knows Mie really appreciates all the help she's given him. So even if in this one trip she didn't do much, in all the other chapters, she was a big help. So she shouldn't worry too much!
He isn't confident about a lot of things, and he seriously needs to work on that.

He can't keep this up without people getting annoyed about it....like me

Dex-chan lover
He isn't confident about a lot of things, and he seriously needs to work on that.

He can't keep this up without people getting annoyed about it....like me
Well you can't blame him, he uses all his confidence on drawing. I mean, have you heard of a kid who has the confidence to make a serialized manga?

Dex-chan lover
Well you can't blame him, he uses all his confidence on drawing. I mean, have you heard of a kid who has the confidence to make a serialized manga?
And that's exactly why I said he has to work on that, it's unacceptable to not do anything about that insecurity

Not saying it's easy, it isn't but at least make the effort to better yourself

Dex-chan lover
Stuff like this is why manga/anime is still a niche and can never be mainstream outside Japan.

Dex-chan lover
Come on author-san... it'd have been perfect if he completed the confession and THEN regretted it...

But go through with it...

Don't drag out the relationship...

Or, and I know this is a controversial opinion, don't have him regret it. Just let them be a couple and get up to wacky couple hijinks while still working on manga. Most of what has been the source of comedy in the series has come from "workplace" shenanigans rather than potential relationship shenanigans. So it shouldn't fundamentally change the nature of the story except that the author would have a whole new vein of material to work from.

The fact that romcom authors are allergic to the "rom" part of that equation is maddening. Fun characters are still fun if they're a couple. Jitsu wa Watashi wa was only like halfway done when they became a couple and it was fine.

Dex-chan lover
Or, and I know this is a controversial opinion, don't have him regret it. Just let them be a couple and get up to wacky couple hijinks while still working on manga. Most of what has been the source of comedy in the series has come from "workplace" shenanigans rather than potential relationship shenanigans. So it shouldn't fundamentally change the nature of the story except that the author would have a whole new vein of material to work from.

The fact that romcom authors are allergic to the "rom" part of that equation is maddening. Fun characters are still fun if they're a couple. Jitsu wa Watashi wa was only like halfway done when they became a couple and it was fine.
I too wish that manga would confinue after the couple becomes a couple. To do that though requires the characters to be more than 2 dimensional. They have to be more fleshed out than simply wanting to be with each other. Jitsu Wa Watashi had the whole secret keeper thing and the time travel shenanigans.

I do think it could work in this manga as well, showing the couple get closer together, having to deal with everything that comes with starting a life together. Simple SoL stuff can be a lot of fun. But it is also harder to make things interesting with out some sort of inherent tension caused by their relationship. Which is why I think most manga ends with a happily everafter time skip.

Dex-chan lover
8h92qNZ.png

Finally Mie-chi is unleashed

----

Okay, snap back to reality. That was predictable but I wasn't expecting to get keycard zoned. welp, inch by inch I guess.

Aina's butt was cute tho, bless author

Dex-chan lover
How is she a tsundere?
I might not entirely be correct in calling Tomimatsu a tsundere. Maybe it's more that since the story itself feels very "push-pull" to me that I then ascribe those qualities to her, the more animated character. "Push-pull": headed somewhere, then not; forward steps, then backpedal.

Dex-chan lover
You know what? That was good. Blueball, but it's good. Everything in these past 2 chapters are really nicely written. Some solid progress, MC is kinda based for being honest, girl is hot, interruption is properly written, not some bullshit she fell asleep or firework too loud shit.

It's good, I enjoyed it.

Dex-chan lover
I might not entirely be correct in calling Tomimatsu a tsundere. Maybe it's more that since the story itself feels very "push-pull" to me that I then ascribe those qualities to her, the more animated character. "Push-pull": headed somewhere, then not; forward steps, then backpedal.
Yeah. A tsundere is a character that hides their feelings or motivations. "It's not like I wantef to see you or anything!" Would be something a tsundere character would say.

Aggregator gang
Remember guys, the correct course of action when a girls' towel is falling is to jump at her and tries to lift the towel instead of averting your gaze and closing your eyes. Kudos to the mangaka for reminding us of this valuable life lesson.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the way this played out was bad at all. Even if the confession was cut off, it still pretty much got across what he was probably going to say.

But it does really depend on how the story continues from here on out

Users who are viewing this thread