Gal☆Cleaning! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.97 - Kaede Tokimura’s Memories (4)

Contributor
to @BloodySorcerer @ninjafoo

Values Dissonance: Taro's reaction to Arashiko being stalked by her sempai is not to call the police or tell an authority figure, but rather to beat up the guy himself. This is very much a Japanese ideal of keeping sexual assault-related problems out of the public eye, as discussing them is seen as shameful on the part of the woman. Furthermore, Taro upholds classically prized Japanese masculine behavior by defending Arashiko's honor independently without relying on external help.

yes that is a real thing in japan that permeated japanese fiction, japanese people are so fucked up with social harmony hid rape to avoid controversy

@bastek66 Thank you for the info but surely it got some kind of editor/publisher no?
Do you know at which extend (chapter) it was officially published?

Dex-chan lover
Glad I'm not the only one who knows Wolf Guy and that legendary shit.

@Nivek Oh, that's quite interesting, I didn't know about that one. I don't really think it's a really bad move here. Because yes, making things public can cause some real trouble for the girl sometiumes. Depending on the country, people can have either a good reaction or a bad reaction. And I definitely have heard of cases where the victim is actually villanized.

Double-page supporter
😂@ukbeat89 Didn't even bother reading, just scrolled right down. Lucky enough, I got g502 mouse ;)😇

Dex-chan lover
You have successfully traversed and endured the cursed arc, you shall now be cleansed, young soul.

however, your journey doesn't end here.. you must continue forward.

Users who are viewing this thread