Gal Gohan - Vol. 10 Ch. 67 - A Surprise Cake

Fed-Kun's army
OMG, that was super cheesy. And that stupid “she must be 20” thing, where does that even come from?
The mom is probably glad to get Okazaki out of the house though , I mean, who wants to see their daughter feel her tits at the dinner table, lol.

Dex-chan lover
She's legal at 16, can marry at 18, but he waits until she's no longer underage, 20.
What a way to waste 2 years of your life...

tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
While it may seem like a waste, whether she was legal at 16, wasn't his student anymore etc it would still have been frowned upon by society if they got together as soon as she graduated and that's also what Miku's mom is implying as well as Nagisa a few chapters ago. It would be too fresh and I think we would see the same reactions in Western societies.
So, by waiting 2 years until she's an adult, he's trying to have the "cleanest" possible start for their relationship: she isn't his student anymore, he hasn't dated her as soon as she graduated (which could have meant that they had been together in some way while she was a student), she's about done with culinary school AND she's now a full-fledged adult in every sense of the word.
I also don't think those two years have been a waste: they've been spending a lot of time together and building up their relationship properly in the meantime, this time not as a teacher and a student, but as a man and a woman.

I also love panels like this one way too much 😍
c0p9OmS.png

Dex-chan lover
@Makinya Same.
24.jpg

Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru for anyone wondering. It's the single best romance manga of all time in my opinion.

Aggregator gang
I'm so happy they ended up as a couple properly instead of that weak-ass ending every other teacher romance manga gets (where either the student goes "I guess I mistook my respect for the teacher for love" or the teacher is wishy-washy throughout the entire series and at the end suddenly decides that they're a proper teacher, as if the entire series didn't just happen)

Dex-chan lover
Shame we had another time skip, but they waited for Miku getting a bit more mental maturity, realising how creepy it was and reason why Shinji turned down her every attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread