Gal Gohan - Vol. 6 Ch. 34 - The Summer Festival Showdown (2)

Contributor
Thank you for subverting that dumb fucking fireworks scene trope that everyone does. Bless her heart.

Holy shit the fireworks got BTFO this is why I love this manga

Nothing can stop her, not old love interests, not the student council president, not even fireworks!

This chapter is just
blOX5ZP.jpg

Does anyone else get the feeling that the fireworks scene played out how it normally does but the mangaka was told to add some progression to the romance?

Also hope Yabe doesn't try to weasel out of it by pretending he was drunk so he doesn't remember it.

ELH

Group Leader
@Maxon
I'm pretty sure the mangaka deliberately breaks tropes like these because she (and yes, the mangaka is a woman) hates them just as much as everyone else. The real test will be how the next chapter(s) go.

My guess on what's going to happen: Yabe will start going out with Nagisa to shut down Okazaki. This will go on for some time until Nagisa dumps Yabe because she realizes what's going on and that he actually has feelings for Okazaki. This sucks super bad because Nagisa deserves to be treated better

G-P

Dex-chan lover
@Weabooribs
I don't think Yabecchi is that much of a dick. It would be out of character for him to exploit others, especially a woman who confessed her love to him.

So well played by the mangaka - thank you so much for breaking the trope. You go girls!

Dex-chan lover
FINALLY!!! The next chapters is going to be good :) He can't weasel is way out of this one, no matter how much he tries :)

Double-page supporter
I interpret it as an obvious hint, that he put a band aid on her ring finger. ^^

I really like this manga. At first it feels generic, but then it throws all the tropes over board, creating really interesting scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread