Gal ni Yasashii Otaku-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
As much as I see people hate a perfect MC I still prefer Kirito-type Gary Stu compared to wimpy and have absolutely no redeeming point but they're in a harem of perfect beautiful girls. At least being good at a lot of things is a normal/logical reason to be popular, and it probably inspires people to try being better rather than the "You're ok being an absolute loser, you don't need to try better yourself you'll still be popular later it's just not your time yet" message.

Dex-chan lover
people hating because they can’t enjoy simple trashy ln adaption. Maybe find a different hobby if you’re going to expect realism
honestly. people in these comments seemingly didnt see this coming when the entire gimmick for his character was that he is so invested in being an otaku that it came full circle and made him attractive

Dex-chan lover
Is this missing a page or two or am I insane?
Ya i think its between page where MC called out the girls while being seduced by 2 nobodies and page after that. The trnasition feels awkward that I feel its missing a page. Probably the missing page is showing ripped body of MC with sparkle effect
Yes, this is missing 3 pages compared to the chapter GDS have in their site, a page after the double spread (4), the one after mc call them out (8), and one later on (18 in their site) ma_ko

Fixed, thank you ma_ko

-

@Baronoflight imagine coming way too late to the comments section when the chapter is already fixed and using the strike reaction on someone's comment noting what was missing at the time lmao

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I TOLD y’all about that “dumbell nan kilo” knockoff.
I would yell “fake” too but unfortunately I know personally some otaku who got ripped because of it.
(I also heard a bunch of otaku dudes tried to start going to the gym and gave up)
I mean considering the uptick in popularity of anime and manga over the past decade, there are plenty of gym bros that exercise cause of that. Even pro athletes that do stances from their favorite anime

I mean... I know some otaku who:
Got into soccer after watching captain tsubasa
Got into basketball after watching slam dunk
Got into cooking after watching yakitate japan
Got into go after watching hikaru no go
Learned to play mahjong after watching the legend of koizumi

So yes, an otaku going into fitness mode after watching the dumbell anime is actualy totally normal and a good joke setup in my book

Dex-chan lover
I do think the MC's "perfection" is kind of meant to be the joke and taken all in good fun. Tonally, I don't really get the impression at the moment that the author is necessarily aiming for anything other than "isn't it fun watching these characters interact?" If the story took itself more seriously and actually tried to explore the MC's issues while he was still this cool then yeah this would be a total joke in the derogatory sense, but I think it's supposed to be a bit lighthearted and goofy.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, author really just breaks away from every Otaku stereotypes huh.

Dex-chan lover
It's ok, he's still a little dense and have low confidence so it's still totally relatable! :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Yes the totally normal otaku body right here:
7ewqzi.png

Dex-chan lover
Is this missing a page or two or am I insane?

I am enjoying this enough but I'll admit pretty much every chapter I have the thought "damn they really did just straight up bite the Marin and Juju duo." It feels so egregious lol.
In the current uploaded page 2, second text box, it definitely mentioned "Three," so I was expecting there was one and two. But no...

Hopefully the scanlators notice it. I feel there's something missing...

Also, I had to literally check the dumbbells that Otakura uses for training.
It's in page 25 of chapter 1, and page 2 of chapter 6, fyi.

Users who are viewing this thread