Gal ni Yasashii Otaku-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
-Good looking.
-Ripped af.
-Pro level makeup artist.
-Outfit advisor -
you can dress the king of england- level with specialty in woman's fashion trend.

it's not a male fantasy but female, and i'm OK with that.
The author embraced the ilusion to the last consequences and no have shame to do it.
And i cheer for that, cause if you gonna do it, do it to the limit and make it entretained,
that's the goal why stories like this one made for, and this one is a funny, wacked and dope story whort of read

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind all the soft skills, but making him shredded on top of all that is kinda too much.
He might actually just genetically build for it, when he started it he just find it's fun and made it a hobby. Nothing too unreasonable really. Muscle training won't actually make you that much better in PE class as that's more about stamina.

Dex-chan lover
Uuuuh... this one reveal came a bit outta nowhere lol. If he was this shredded also why did he have a hard time holding his back straight a few chapters ago?

Dex-chan lover
This is the story of a loner Otaku, who is great at everything has no flaws and is absolutely shredded...
I mean, he's still socially awkward at times and doesn't really interact with people all that much.
Autism can lead to obsession and getting shredded.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... I know some otaku who:
Got into soccer after watching captain tsubasa
Got into basketball after watching slam dunk
Got into cooking after watching yakitate japan
Got into go after watching hikaru no go
Learned to play mahjong after watching the legend of koizumi

So yes, an otaku going into fitness mode after watching the dumbell anime is actualy totally normal and a good joke setup in my book
I learned to play the violin as a kid because of one scene in Gundam Wing where Quatre and Trowa have a duet.
I got into tennis, briefly, after reading Prince of Tennis (then my fucked up knees said "uh-uh, bitch").
While not anime, I got into blacksmithing because of the "forging" scene in Conan the Barbarian back in the day.

Him getting ripped because of a fitness anime is probably the most believable thing in this manga so far.

Dex-chan lover
God damn, I never expected Otaku-kun to be that buffed. Aren't his specs are a bit too high for an otaku? Nerf him, pls...

Dex-chan lover
Man, manga really did make sure to make him look way more ripped than what he looked in the 1 LN illustration lmao

m7k4qm4.png
I like the longer hair he has here, makes him look a bit older than the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Who doesn't love their fantasy of a male nerd who's good at everything and is good looking and ripped.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the update

Edit: mob Otaku MC secretly being shredded and or jacked (aka secretly being Henry Cavil) is one my favorite genre tropes

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So he's an Otaku who has:
1. Great social skills
2. Flawless fashion advice (for women)
3. Great singing voice
4. Interesting and intriguing hobbies
5. Great body physic cuz he's a gym bro

b-b-Based????

Dex-chan lover
Contrary to all the whining in the comments about him being "good at everything" (which he's honestly not, he's not a Mary Sue by a longshot), I'm pleasantly surprised that this isn't just another manga that makes the MC the lowest of the low, and despite that every woman falls in love with him. He actually has a lot of redeeming qualities and seems quite likable.
Up to this point, most of the things he was surprisingly good at were connected to his otaku hobbies and seemed pretty realistic. Working with wigs? Why not? Women's fashion? Not hard, right?
I can understand that him being ripped makes some plot holes, like the whole class not knowing about it, but are we even sure about that? The girls might not know about it because the changing rooms are of course separate, and the boys might just not care. I know that's hard to believe to some people, but having muscles does not automatically get you a free pass into every social circle.

Dex-chan lover
I like how this is tripling down on inverting tropes. If the theme is "don't judge the Otaku by the cover" this manga is doing it really well, without making it feel overdone. Our boy keeps widening the gaps and the gals keep getting ga-gunked for the laughs.

If you thought it would be jerk pick-up artists for the girls, and the otaku would meekly try to step in, surprise! He's getting hit on by the age-gap hot office lady.
If you thought being an otaku meant being sickly and out of shape, think again.
Otaku can't talk to people with confidence? Nah, he's just focused on his hobbies.
The Otaku must be super shy and getting bullied or neurotic? Nah, he's a normal guy.

Dex-chan lover
hey this is great. why can't all shitty self insert stories be like this? usually mc is a pussy because apparently lots of the audience can't handle anything else

Dex-chan lover
The moment they showed that he was still getting changed I knew MC was gonna be ripped. Now waiting for the MC is also a master chef because of a cooking anime reveal

Dex-chan lover
wasn't Riku going for Yoshida?
that's what it looked like in ch. 3
but now she's just fooling around with a playboy (Otakura) :meguusmug:

Users who are viewing this thread