Gal Yome no Himitsu - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
He's cooking even when he doesn't mean to
jrjo8l.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Good thing she's chill enough about him grabbing her. Plus points for her.

She's far less composed than I thought. Blurting things out is one thing, but panicking for that reason, and being taken aback by his gushing.

Candy cigarettes are way better. Real ones make you smell like crap.

It takes a certain mindset to take praise like that to the face. I always feel off whenever I receive praise for what I make, and typically prefer blunt criticism. I don't know, perhaps I am just weird.
Takes a certain mindset for either. Some people can handle one or the other, some both, some neither. Wouldn't call any of those weird.

Dex-chan lover
Who the fuck holds a cigarrette like that? Who the fuck does everything with her very long fake nails that clearly are in the way? WHO THE FUCK ACTS LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD IN THEIR FIRST DATE DESPITE BEING MARRIED AND LETTING US KNOW THEY FUCK A LOT?

I know this is just fanservice, but come on man, at least get out of your room to know how things work and people act just enough to not break suspension of disbelief. I can't anymore with this.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if it's just a difference in JP to EN readership or something. A lot of the times in stories like this, when you introduce one really great girl, we'd rather just see the romance play out and have a good comfy story, with any drama being between the main pair and them trying to navigate relationship stuff. But I dunno if it's just that maybe the authors don't have any relationship experience, or expect their readers to have any, so they don't want to write that, so instead they fall back on adding 3rd wheels out of nowhere. But it's always a disappointment to see it happen, so many of these stories would be 10x better without the time spent on a love rival you know is going to lose. Hokkaido Gals, Ayumu, etc. etc. the list of manga that would be 10x better if they just stuck to the main couple and their own drama is endless. But no, always with the unneeded love rival, even if they are MARRIED FFS.

Dex-chan lover
It takes a certain mindset to take praise like that to the face. I always feel off whenever I receive praise for what I make, and typically prefer blunt criticism. I don't know, perhaps I am just weird.
I mean, what he just said WAS blunt criticism. (criticism can be positive or negative, it's a critic, aka a "how are the result of what you have done")

Users who are viewing this thread