Gambling Outcast Kaiji: The 2.4 Billion Escape Arc - Kaiji Part 6 - Vol. 8 Ch. 318 - Revelation

Group Leader
Well, everyone reading this called it lol
Made sense though, there was nothing else it could've been.

Dex-chan lover
It's not annoying that we could see it coming (I certainly fucking called it), it's annoying that we all saw it coming and then had to sit through 3 chapters spread over a full month filled with nothing but oh gee I wonder what could have happened oh wow what could it be

Deep down I wished it was something else that we were not waiting for the obvious thing to come out

Kaiji's escape reveal aside, can we acknowledge that the Three for One is a brilliant punishment?

Dex-chan lover
Cool, he escaped successfully. Terrific. But... did he remember to take his health insurance papers?

Eh, it's pretty logical so I'm not really disappointed. It's just, usually there would be twist at this time.

Double-page supporter
Literally everyone predicted this. My only question is, how is he getting the bike back? Did Kaiji drop it off at a nearby location?

It was so obvious that it makes it retarded that no one tried to check the motorcyclist. Really bad (lazy) writing on Fukumoto's part. Making your opponents retarded is not the way to go.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, this sort of punishment really is kiddy-game from Endou.

And to think the motorcycle was an idea from Mom! Truly, she is playing ninth-dimensional chess.

Dex-chan lover
Fukumoto really should've cut back on the Endou investigation and maybe had chapters with Kaiji catching up with his childhood friend and trying to convince him to use his bike.

These few Chapters might have worked better form Kaijis Perspective. So instead of the lame Twist Reveal the focus would be if Kaiji manages to pull the lame Twist off

Group Leader
"It was so obvious that it makes it retarded that no one tried to check the motorcyclist. Really bad (lazy) writing on Fukumoto's part. Making your opponents retarded is not the way to go."
It's been pretty well-established that the motorcycle dude comes and goes every single day wearing his helmet, and on top of that, they had a much more suspicious-looking (from the lookout's perspective) person to be watching for. While the motorcycle dude was business as usual for them, he stood out more to us as outsiders. Additionally, the lookout didn't necessarily know that Kaiji and the motorcycle dude were friends, and thus they couldn't realistically expect them to cooperate. This is certain because the bad guys had to be stealthy and in a hurry, so they couldn't investigate peoples' relationships within the building, let alone their relationships with Kaiji. Overall I don't think it's that ridiculous: it seems obvious to us, but not to the characters in the story.
Don't get me wrong though this last bit has been kind of boring other than Kaiji's mom being cute and funny.

So Kaiji can't drive a car but has no problems with a motorcycle?
To be fair, it seems more like a scooter, but still.

@Goral they couldn't have known that Kaiji's childhood friend would've had a day off. They probably didn't even know that those two families knew each other.

Users who are viewing this thread