Game no Naka ni Iru! - Ch. 12 - In the Game!

cgr

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was just a Halloween trick, but this is the actual final chapter:
https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/10834108156630966512.

this is officially the worst (most confusing) manga ending I've ever read:

is someone in the white blanket at the end? mikan?
what happened to the other two: did they get deleted, or will they be in the new game?
are they in control of themselves or are they being controlled by the player outside the game screen (in the white blanket?)
what 's the deal with the hero?

Happy Halloween everyone, since this ending at least fits Halloween.

Dex-chan lover
@cgr sadly thats not a blanket, it's a bean bag, they showed it in ch 1, so mikan is gone too

Supporter
I thought it would be a blanket too, and the reference by one of the characters, that she used her real life acquintances names as player characters and npc's to befriend them at least in a virtual fantasy; stemming from that the elusive hero would have been the player character under the blanket, but I guess not.

It seems like the author got tired of the story so he did the ol' rocks fall trick. a bit irksome, but i guess moral of the story- being reborn into a game in't all hearts and candy.

I thought it would be a blanket too, and the reference by one of the characters, that she used her real life acquintances names as player characters and npc's to befriend them at least in a virtual fantasy; stemming from that the elusive hero would have been the player character under the blanket, but I guess not.

I thought the same thing a first

Dex-chan lover
That's what you get for wanting to return to your world from glorious isekai ?

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F

thanks for telling me, I think it looked a lot smaller in chapter 1 so I was confused.

it still looks like it could cover a short/small person (i.e. a kid) from our line of sight, especially if they were lying down, but I'm now certain it's not Mikan because she wasn't in that position.

ending is still confusing, because we don't know what starting a new game means:
did they get permanently deleted for do they go back to the beginning as game characters (lose all their game progress)? for all we know, Mikan just went back to the beginning first.

I"m not in denial, I actually dislike this type of confusing ending more than everyone dies ending.

Somehow I feel like if the author truly gone for straigh-up bad end, there wouldn't be [Start New Game] thing. Because you know, just a black screen after deleting savefile would've been shocking enough.

Aggregator gang
lmao reminds me of how "tsuyuki-san hasn't been rejected" ended. everyone flipped out at the "non-ending" because the strips were apparently just an extended oneshot or something. except this...this is actually awful if it's a real end so I hope it's an extended oneshot bs and comes back with actual story pls

but i'm not hopeful

Users who are viewing this thread