Game of Familia: Kazoku Senki - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Summoned Family

Yowza! How did I miss this story? It's like an finale from the get go. Not that I like seeing some cute char dead right in the middle of 1st chapter. Looks like the author cobbled up all the favorite tropes/tags to lure in the guys.

Already read some comments from the main page, so I'll keep an open mind and cheer on the MC. He looks like the ultimate Mob character here. 😁

Monsters can't communicate but somehow it uttered "Juicy" and other things. Maybe that was our imagination…

But still, the chapter cut is cool for me, guess I'll continue it

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad No, I can believe it. He just focuses on balancing his career while raising his son as a single dad. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old. Even with my wife and I equally sharing parenting responsibilities, there's not much time for anything else. Imagine raising 1 kid by yourself, while doing all you can to succeed at work to provide for your child. When are you finding time to go out on dates with women? When your kid is 5 years old and asleep at home? When they're 10? Also, you're going to be telling those women you have a kid at home, how many women are willing to care for a young child that's not theirs?

What if the kid remembers their mom? Is there going to be resentment? (overwhelmingly yes, it's rarer that there isn't). Most mixed families (children from different parents) start when the kids are already grown a bit, cause it's easier for both parties to deal with an older child than a younger one.

Finally, sudden death is easy to accept explain too. I had a friend who died two years ago from stomach cancer, at the age of 30. He was already terminal when they discovered it. Another was diagnosed with throat cancer at 28. I find out the other day that there's diseases that can create aneurysms in children. Or it came about as an accident; car crash, building site accident, loose railing, robbery gone bad.

The details of the death isn't important to the plot, if it were, the author would've expanded on it. The most important details are; dad remarried young mother with two younger sisters, and died shortly after, cause the story is going to be about the MC's stepmother and stepaunt's/sisters and his interactions with them.
I just had to comment on this, event after so many years! I guess only someone who works full time(maybe his father had even a second job) and has a family can understand the father! Imho, that's the most realistic part of the manga! Props for giving such a great explanation :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
...Could someone explain to me how the fuck his step-sisters are somehow legally considered his "step-aunts"?

Because that makes no god damn sense whatsoever...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so the reason given for there only being women is that ovaries are an easy spirit contract, but 1/4 of a familia doesn't make a contract with spirits, so why are none of the swordsmen men? What about non-combatants, they were all women too for no reason

Ight hear me out and I'm just theory crafting, give away your sense of direction and you'll be zoro level strong. After that give up a eye and one of your emotions, ez trade off

...Could someone explain to me how the fuck his step-sisters are somehow legally considered his "step-aunts"?

Because that makes no god damn sense whatsoever...
Very late to the party, but the three women are all sisters not one mother and two daughters. So when his dad re-married, his stepmother's sisters are his step-aunts. I guess because they're closer in age to him (and they live together) he considers them more to be sisters rather his aunts.

Users who are viewing this thread