Game of Familia: Kazoku Senki - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Pretenders

@criver If you want a intelligent mc thats intelligent not because the other cast is dumb, then I can recommend the novel "Dungeon Defence"

Double-page supporter
@criver :
you don't take perspective from all side enough ...
it's like in NGNL when NULL challenge beast kingdom ...
MC make situation which create audience super focused about "cheat" which make the risk of magic using get really bad ...
(Note, the magic for King and MC might totally different to begin with, and most likely NOT SAME)
also for the king make MC scapegoat, it's really nonsense if The king blame one of citizen out of magic when they protest their king ...
there'll be TONS of complain from citizen if the King do that ... (like The King "silenced" one of citizen from scapegoat, and in that country current situation, it will surely cause great chaos)
learn some politic in RL, that will also based happen too in here logically ... (lately it get happen OFTEN in RL)
and it isn't like The king know anything what MC has done when he is seeping inside his kingdom ...
it seems King only notice MC AFTER he meet the King ...

the best way for King is to follow MC plan and kill MC after he become useless ...

Dex-chan lover
@yarielist Seems like the author managed to deceive you that this bs plot actually works out. Good for you.
Note that the MC is not a citizen - he's an enemy, and the king's children can and will vouch for that if the king tells them the MC's plan of them infighting (they already met him earlier when his hand got cut off so they know who he is). Nobody will complain if the king kills an enemy of the nation that was trying to make fools out of the royal family. Not only that, but they'll enjoy his execution even more when they learn he massacred the whole army (the soldiers obviously had families).

@Zero_G @chendu The reviews I read seem quite unflattering. All seem to agree that it's good at the start, but then it seems to just go downhill if I am to trust the reviews.

Dex-chan lover
@criver I also recommend it, one of the best Light novels I've ever read, don't let those reviews get you down.

Dex-chan lover
This dude backstabs so much you might mistake him for a rogue rather than a mage.

Double-page supporter
@criver :
The king don't know about MC existence at that point, and losing 1-2 limb in that brutal place is quite common ...
also none of King children share any info to him either ...
also the king presume MC is just rogue mage at that time ...

how did you get proof the king know EVERYTHING MC has planned ?

Double-page supporter
@criver :
Not his WHOLE plan obviously ... geez ...
if the King know, he will behead MC immediately regardless the risk ...

Dex-chan lover
@yarielist Obviously not his whole plan. But he told him a plan where the MC stands to gain nothing. Thus it's obvious he has other plans. The king has no reason to trust him, since using him as a scapegoat and executing him is a win-win situation. It's like you didn't read any of my previous comments. The plot is nonsensical and most people on here realized this. Suspension of disbelief can go only so far to help you ignore bad writing.

Double-page supporter
@criver :
Possibly MC "request" something at King ?
if the King already realize MC plan and such, why King permit MC sister joining the tournament ?
you should already notice this manga will explain most of thing latter ... as in a lot latter ...

Dex-chan lover
@yarielist You won't get a much more complex explanation later than: "MC smart", "enemies stupid". As has already happened previously might I remind you.

I'm sure that pig is not for show. The Daba already recruit this pig to secretely tell the Daba about MC plans.

Double-page supporter
@CoCoShitenno :
possibly Double Agent thingie ...
betraying human side at start and now betraying Beast side now ...
@criver :
Beside King already cancel one of MC plan by posting Guard to kill him ...
(MC plan to bluntly enchant his sister for instant win, but if the flow battle goes wrong then he will get killed)
not to mention MC already notice King also have trap / guard / plan at the "device" they are looking at ...

Dex-chan lover
@criver All I can say is try it I'm not really good with words, and I think some of those reviews are quite unfair

Double-page supporter
I feel like I'm in the Underdark once again, in Baldur II, being busy double, triple, quadruple-crossing everyone I met.

Users who are viewing this thread