Game of Familia: Kazoku Senki - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Pretenders

Fed-Kun's army
This boy's got plans on plans on plans.
This is honestly one of the few "morally grey mastermind protagonist" dark stories I enjoy. MC isn't evil, he just has the skills to be a villain from his dad. I like him because he's using those skills for good. He's fine with being the necessary evil, but he's in no way a villain protagonist. He's one schemer I can actually root for.

I sometimes suspect that the sister is a rather horny teen, remembering that she's been saved from a lewd predicament before (with a noble iirc), only to jump straight first to another lewd predicament after (with this lizard case), both case she volunteered with rather little to none resistance. Either she herself is wanting to be fucked silly, or the author have decided for her to be the lewd-bait-that-only-waits-to-be-rescued heroine from the very beginning. I really hope that the next arc wouldn't follow the same pattern.

Supporter
Wish Crusader Kings 2 dev could put a lot of intrigue this manga gave us to their game

Dex-chan lover
Why make a deal with the devil if you can make a deal with all of them and come out ahead (either that or be beheaded)

@fuadhika

Sounds more like we have a horny writer... My prediction is that we'll see the other sisters in similar situations.

@KraZTaco

Agreed. You can't really have entirely morally white characters in a setting like this and have them make sense. That's when the story just looks weird. Like the protagonists killing people and the author acting like there's nothing evil about that. Or the protagonist constantly letting people go, using no deceit and avoiding innocent deaths at all costs without there being any consequences.

Supporter
This is a shitty plot that heavily hinged on one of the Daba kids deciding to take his arm and not doing something weird with it. It also does not make sense that a shitty lizard magician can seal the magic of 3 gods.

Also if I was king I would never ever bring down the magic barrier as the common denominator to all this planning is bringing down the magic barrier.

It would have been better for MC to summon another comet from the sky to impact the magic barrier.

Dex-chan lover
oh yeah all the kids are there of course mama's not far behind and it looks like she brought a really big belt

Double-page supporter
@criver :
Just imagine what happen if the king don't accept the invitation ...
His kingdom at war and his citizen suspect him using magic ...
he has the chance get busted using magic if he don't follow MC plan ...
(remember how 1st prince and MC sister busted The king Magic before ?)

Fed-Kun's army
@obsidianpassion

It's quite common that magic is intrinsically tied to how much nature is in an environment, and the Daba Kingdom is almost entirely devoid of natural plant life. In fact, I don't even think we've seen a single tree in any of the panels? So since one of the gods just verified he needs a vessel to manifest, even mankind could essentially cut gods off from ever intervening by destroying nature.

This sealing mechanism is probably tied to something that spews forth mana, like a leyline or lid over magma.

Dex-chan lover
@criver

Sorry friend, but your points also have no foundation. You can't call them 'dumbed down' if you don't know what the standard is. It's a fantasy world inside of a story world, we can't compare these people to our own expectations unless Word of God specifically says so. At best we have Unreliable Narrator, but we don't even have that here. All we can do is make inferences, since anything we try to use to say something is definitely one way or the other is unsupported due to the difference between reality and whatever holds true for their Earth and their fantasy world separate from their Earth.

I'm also well aware of the differences between experienced judgement and education, but wisdom is formulated through intelligence all the same, and education is meant to help feed intelligence. Simple as that.

Dex-chan lover
what about the severed hand of the MC ? if he uses magics to grow back that arm and control it with magics , then what about the anti-magic barrier inside the kingdom that can negate that hand ?

page 10 :
- hey , you cant team up with someone , fukking cheaters lizards .
- fukk you , stupid b!tch . that is the talk of sore losers . this is a everything-goes battle royale with no rules at all .

page 12 :
- lick my d!ck and my a$$hole , b!tch .
- what kind of stupid lock is this , lizard ? my right hand is still free , and you are wide open for attacks .

page 17 : he proposed with TWO siblings ( the big one and small one ) at the same time ? and they were stupid enough to agree to his plan ? this kingdom only needs ONE king .

and his stupid plan depends a lot on plot-armor :
what if he cant arrange to meet the siblings/king in private ? what if the siblings/king kill him at 1st sight ? what if the king 's minions see him meeting the siblings ? what if a sibling sends 1 spy after him and learns that he also jumps on beds with other siblings/the king ?

and in this chapter , he tells his whole plan to the pig on their audience seats , while surrounded by lizards on all sides ???????

page 28 :
- im a ghost / a spirit , but i can freely have physical form .
- what kind of nonsense dog-sh!t is that ?

last page : the MILF b!tch is riding an ugly , mutated cow / goat ? lol . and a woman is the leader of an army of strong , old men ? sigh , what a nice fantasy for feminists everywhere .

Dex-chan lover
page 28 : a big dog and a small l0li are alone in the castle . we all know what the dog will do to the girl in the next chapter , lol .

last page : in ancient army , women were $ex slaves for the soldiers .

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel Just because it's a fantasy world doesn't mean that everybody has to be dumbed down. In fact that's not introduced as a plot point (and the notion that it's intentional sounds ridiculous since the author never mentions it), it's simply bad writing and relying on the Gary Stu powers of our MC. Not unexpected if you consider the isekai nature of this.
The wisdom comment was regarding the education statement - education (supposedly) makes you better at the subjects you study - it doesn't say anything about your skills with interpersonal relationships and gauging people. In fact I'd argue it wastes so much of your time on unnecessary things that you do not have enough time to grow as a person. It tries to mould you into a useful cog for society, it doesn't try to make you a better person. Obviously this depends on the educational institution, but I'd say this applies to the majority of schools, especially if you consider state approved curriculums and the way of evaluating your knowledge.

@yarielist I already explained this. All the king has to do, is use the MC as a scapegoat and use that to his advantage. He just has to blame spreading false rumours on him and his party (which is partially true, and people will recognize the piggy). People like controversy so they'll gobble that shit up, especially since it's against an enemy of their country. The king's children will surely be out for revenge against the MC and will realize they never had a shot at the throne in the first place without his magical power. Also them accepting his suggestion in the first place is dubious - he doesn't stand to gain from it and they know it.
Also be as it may - the king can still kill all of his children with magic and nobody would contend the throne. Citizens have seen his magic for years and haven't realized he's using it - there's no reason to believe they'll realize it now just because they think he may be using it. They are accusing him of magic - but the citizens obviously cannot differentiate his magic from his usual fighting methods, as made clear by his long reign.

Users who are viewing this thread