Gantz - Vol. 37 Ch. 383 - Endpoint

Man I wanted them to use Sebastian to fix a whole bunch of shit somehow. So many unfortunate ends, such a nonexistent prologue, goddammit I want more

They knew where they were gonna wash up but no one thought to take a boat and rescue them? Well I guess that's like Gantz anyways. This leaves the exact same impression as elfen lied for me, maybe someone knows what I'm talking about. Plenty of objective criticisms can be made, but it can still be respected overall. If most people did what I did and just decided to overlook the BS it's a pretty endearing series with tons of cool concepts. I am really satisfied with the explanation for everything, I think the story overall could have benefited if some revelations were given to us earlier on, probably would have saved the readers from feeling sideswiped by the alien invasion. I honestly can't put a rating on this so I won't. I hope the rest of you enjoyed reading this to some extent and weren't putting yourself through the pain of reading it just so you could say you finished it and have an opinion.

good ending but there were still so many things unsolved , so ill give it 8 but tis still a masterpiece

Decent start, amazing middle which slowly fizzled out and crashed, and then after that it dragged on and on and on and on. Honestly it was worth the read but holy shit did it get bad.

So many parts of the story that weren't wrapped up at all. They just ended it was 'another' big fight that seems like Kurono isn't going to win, but guess what, he does. Would have liked it more if the last few chapters tried to resolve a lot of the story arcs instead of just killing off / ignoring those characters.

Who the fuck was that German translator guy, was he an alien? And why does no one care that kurono's brother died? Did the author just kill off everyone from the vampire arc because he was bored of them?

Damn. I binged this whole thing in 1 day. The first phase of this manga was really good imo, the characters were interesting and the story had me at the edge of my seat, but as soon as the giant horse fuck aliens came down to invade earth, the whole fucking thing went down the drain. One of the shittest endings to potentially one of the greatest mangas I've ever read.

That was an unsatisfying ending. Doesn't really wrap up anything, and the final boss is pretty lame compared to all the previous alien bosses. They really are just the most advanced and intelligent race out of the migrants, but nowhere near the strongest.

@frankass The German otaku is implied to be someone from the godlike alien race that provides the basis of the Gantz technology. The most obvious tell was when he transferred out, which only Gantz tech is shown to be capable of in this manga.

All in all, a great manga, but the last 2 arcs were weak and messy. The author tried to touch on too many topics at the end, but lacked depths in most, as well as added too many throwaway character arcs.

ngl, the first few arcs was good, survival of the fittest, but it just got dragged too much that i don't feel anything about some characters death and the ending

Good manga, especially for its age. Beginning and middle parts were the best, then it slowly became worse towards the ending. Great action, some characters were good, as a seinen it really touches on the dark side of humanity. Overall, I enjoyed this journey, but it could've been better if the author just took more time to explain the story and not just give that ending out of nowhere. 6/10

Aggregator gang
Not much closure huh? I thought it was a wild read but I definitely blew through the last 100 chapters or so just to say I finished it which isn't really a glowing review lol.

Dex-chan lover
Where is the post ending chapter?
You can't just end like this.
At least let me see the world rebuilt

It was wild read
Love it all, from start till end.
"Oh, it's going to be worse" - manga.

Remind me of the Osaka girl, hope she can be together with the guy at the end.

Decent start, amazing middle, poor ending. would still recommend tho. 7/10 some aspect of the end is satisfying but not quite enough, should've made a epilogue

So my review: It was a great manga for the middle and beginning, it was actually one of my favorites. Then the ending.... It ruined everything, a ridiculous amount of plot holes, so much plot convenience, no epilogue, pacing got super bad at the end, the author kept trying to save tae when there was no reason too, and killed Reika for no reason. Then characters personalities kept flip flopping, they did the Shonen thing where the people just watch as the mc does all the work. The final boss was pointless, and wasn't nearly as good as some of the others. He just dropped some of the subplots. The middle and beginning had literally none of these issues. The middle and beginning are carrying the series so hard. Begining = 7/10 Middle = 9.4/10 Ending = 6.5/10
Series overall is a 8.3

/took me 7 months to finish this manga/
great start
so frikin awsome characters developments
god tire between the 80" till the vampire arc
(honestly idon't even know what's the perpose of those vamps!, they could've explain it as difference type of creatures bside humans, like espers-humans kinda situation but still there was real reason for them to interfere)
the latest 300" the plot mood was hella awsome but in the latest chapters the manga lost track of it's pace, so much squichy events, plot armor for some and broken armor for others, the message behind this manga was powerful but the way the author presented it was bad, he didn't think enough for an appropriate way to keep that 300" hyper mood to set up a good plot without falling is such errors (he basically missed/changed so much thingies he builded up in the past chapters, to extend this manga while it should've ended in like 330 or 340 chapters only.

Users who are viewing this thread