Garbage Brave: Isekai ni Shoukan Sare Suterareta Yuusha no Fukushuu Monogatari

Once it avoids the all too common creepy slavery or sexual violence endemic to Isekai stories I'll be happy to enjoy it for what it is

@lepper looks like it, unless it's something that don't die by getting dismantled I guess like slime or something that can regenerate from that state.

I lost hope for the plot the second he
used dismantle on that giant cat and gained like 100 levels at once.

This story is worse than Arifureta.

Sucks because I really liked how it started too.

I'm still hopeful for some reason so I guess I'll stick around to see where it goes.

Yes thank you for the update!!! I could not find this manga other wise.

i liked this one alot. it started out good, i hope the mc becomes more like the latest chapter, often these isekai get a good protagonist vibes and then suddenly revert to the comedic style and go for the "oh no, is it wrong to do a revenge plot"

Group Leader
Instead of "another one", i try to think " How will this one be different?"

when in isekais you dont know how the fuck people meet

THE SLAVE CARD

xD this is beyond lazy

The only reason his rice obsession can slide is because he's a chef, but knowing that Japanese cuisine has a lot more to it than "rice lol" makes me think most of the authors of isekai stories are relatively poor. You never see isekai guys obsessing over salmon roe or anything you'd use in sushi, it's just "rice rice rice" like the author only eats rice.

@anoman Yeah, it's honestly kinda silly. Like, the characters never probably even liked rice that much pre-isekai. Not to mention that rice literally just tastes like fluffy water.

So far so good. It's a pretty basic start but it has potential.
I like that buying "that one specific slave" at least has a bit more reason behind it than "cute girl that looks starved (like a shit ton of the other slaves probably)".
I really don't get the rice obsession in every Isekai, especially as cook this time. There are so many more other asian ingredients/dishes, true rice is a base for a lot but can also be replaced.

Aggregator gang
@Moonwolf287

Rice is such a staple in the Japanese diet, that when they are deprived of it they can get strong cravings for it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0950329315001366?via%3Dihub

Rice cravings are totally legit, and it happens all the time IRL as well

Source: Am Asian. Spent half a year moving across Europe and not having access to a rice cooker or steamer, just half a year

Ttanslator: If you don't want to use "what on Earth", "what in the world" should work the same and work for an ambiguous isekai setting.

Users who are viewing this thread