GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Vol. 17 Ch. 93

@thedestroyership yeah I had the same thought, so I did some quick google-fu - the service ceiling (max height it'll reliably operate) of a CH-47 is 20,000 ft - but I doubt they typically go that high unless they need to get over a mountain - while low to mid level clouds usually top out at 6500 - 23,000 ft respectively. Basically, its possible to get above a cloud layer in a Chinook, but the writer and artist are probably bending what a normal military flight would look like for story reasons. /Autistic Pedantry

Dex-chan lover
I always though a heli can't go that high

V4.jpg

Double-page supporter
The princess and the other girl sure have innocent dream of walking on clouds

Poor dark elf
That was mean

I guess it is fair overall

Dex-chan lover
What they did was kinda rude.

They shouldn’t have hit them with wind magic.

Dex-chan lover
@NoCoolNames13 To be fair, there was barely any free air between the cloud layer and the tops of those plateaus. Plus their maps of the new world are probably full of errors and whatnot, so it would be riskier to fly the whole time inside the clouds instrumentally. They might hit some peak. They also need to keep in mind that below the clouds, any random dragon might spot them from the ground.

@Kaarme I'm very very far from anything like an expert in the aerodynamic properties of helicopters, but from my basic knowledge, the problem is how much extra work the engines would have to do to keep up a good airspeed at such a high altitude where the air is thinner, and by extension, how much operational range you're sacrificing by climbing that high - but now we're getting into logistical problems I wouldn't expect even the most anal retentive authors to have to work out. Like I inferred before, it's likely not a super realistic scene, but it's not reality shattering either, and led to a cute scene. NBD.

Group Leader
Well it's been confirmed again that all the female characters have a bad case of sameface.

Dex-chan lover
Is it wrong if the first thing I thought upon opening this chapter... was :
I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa
Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

Users who are viewing this thread