GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Vol. 23 Ch. 124

Aggregator gang
The Rope is mightier than the Steel.
It looked like nets were made from metal. I don't belive they would make a net from rings of fiber, to much effort for no return so those rings were probably from metal. Also it's really hard to believe that japanese have no monitoring on the gate border for contraband. Unless they bribed someone i can't see them smuggling Leilei successfully.

Dex-chan lover
Man, aside from when they slaughtered and kidnapped people when the Gate first opened, it took 120-ish chapters for them (anyone in the fantasy world) to do anything to the JSDF. I love the series, but it's too unbalanced in favor of JSDF, which unsurprisingly, the author was apparently was part of the JSDF, and/or very nationalistic (nothing wrong with that) IIRC.

Dex-chan lover
Man, aside from when they slaughtered and kidnapped people when the Gate first opened, it took 120-ish chapters for them (anyone in the fantasy world) to do anything to the JSDF. I love the series, but it's too unbalanced in favor of JSDF, which unsurprisingly, the author was apparently was part of the JSDF, and/or very nationalistic (nothing wrong with that) IIRC.
Can't say I agree at all. I remember high velocity bullets pinging off of ogres clad in obviously low quality pig iron, I remember pit traps being super effective against tanks not too long ago and other things, and now this. If anything the JSDF feel pretty weak in this series overall, considering the supposed tech advantage.

Dex-chan lover
There's a difference between being patriotic and being pro-military complex. it's pretty clear from the author's portrayal of journalists and politicians as inept buffoons that just get in the way of the hyper-efficient military, that he is the latter and not the former.

Also bear in mind that the original novels got toned down by the editor, and then were toned down again for the manga adaptation. What we're seeing isn't even the original level of pro-military as the author wrote it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, during a long distance offensive a couple of successful enemy ambushes are bound to happen, especially if that offensive was planned poorly or attacking soldiers are too arrogant or afraid to follow instructions and 'to do' algorithms properly.
And in Lelei's case I hope that the JSDF have detection dogs at their security checkpoints.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The counter attack are happening
welcome-to-the-rice-fields-japan.gif

Users who are viewing this thread