GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Unexpected Battle

And as expected the foreign powers get their asses kicked by the Japanese forces because they “didn’t think they were so capable”. Well here’s the thing, their not supposed to be. A regular soldier is no match for a Black ops operative. Let alone fight three groups at once with little to no casualties. The author only wrote them to be incompetent because it’s his will to make all other countries look inferior to Japan.

Seriously, why not have have this slice of life/Fan Service moments in another chapter entirely? It’s getting really annoying to have the seriousness be taken away when we cut of to the females doing ecchi crap to the Male MC.

And then there’s the scene of the three groups getting bodied by Rory....ok, I can understand Rory bodying the empire soldiers and bandits since none of them are strong enough to take her on with the slow moving Spears and arrows. But bullets? Their much much faster than arrows, the three groups should’ve been able to get lots of hits in on her. There’s no way she can block all those shots.

This is overall a complete nonsensical battle. The foreign groups are dumbed down to make the Japanese forces look better in comparison. Rory got buffed for this fight because she would look bad otherwise with numerous wounds and less “badass”.

Edit: Welp, she did get hit, but only once, well it’s good she still get hit, she should’ve received more.

Edit 2: Also how did her axe take no damage from barrages of bullets? Bullets are way stronger than anything Rory has ever faced in Falmart, it is completely nonsensical that her Axe didn’t get dented from the encounter.

The only good part of this chapter was the jojo reference.

Smh the Army JSDF wouldn't touch Delta Force. Delta is comprised of the best of all US Military branches. They'd have slaughtered the JSDF 7 times over and they wouldn't be there in the first place tbh. The US is not THAT greedy.

Double-page supporter
Funniest chapter of the series. Burst out laughing when they name dropped force recon. Literally could have made this scene more realistic by saying they were mercs or just some paid criminals doing black ops shit.

Would have made wayyyyy more sense in the end.

Still the panel when the three SF groups see each other is funny as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it's kinda implied that they weren't fighting JSDF but rather other spec ops.
But i guess this manga does love JSDF so maybe i'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread