GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

me laughing in french where i have up to volume 15 published in my local bookstore with all the bonus mini comic
20210111-120702-1.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Congratulations, @natyoufri . I recommend you to get Divci Valka, la guerre des pucelles in there too.

We in Finland get very few translations. Perkele :(

there was a lot of fanservice in the first 50 chaps or so, then it kinda seized to exist. anyone know what happened

Form the time of this comment I recently watched the anime 'GATE', and the novel series for it has already been concluded (though I have not read it yet). I was just wondering what the rate of release goes for the manga chapters(?) And will GATE have a season 3 sometime in the future? Since it has enough material ( I believe) after season 2 to make a season 3.

why is this part so small? i knew it takes time to translate or something, something, but this is just too small

Aggregator gang
@Gilthwixt I'm sure this comes as a shock but contrary to what Hollywood and vidya gaemz might tell you special forces actually aren't some kind of magic supermen.

Matter of fact, as they're light infantry they're majorly fucked if they have to take on regular line units in a straight fight. That difference in heavy weapons is Kind Of A Big Deal.

Training elite light infantry also isn't some kind of esoteric magic only known to select few militaries. Any halfway competent one can and does it, it doesn't take the kind of hideously expensive cutting-edge hardware the bigshot militaries primarily lean on for advantage. Pretty cheap too all things considered.

@dilroopgill But you do not do it with first-world states (never mind now important strategic allies) because Washington and Pentagon aren't fucking retarded. The World Wars taught everyone who has their head screwed on even halfway straight that starting fights between wealthy industrial nations is bloody stupid and counterproductive, which is why nobody's done it since then.

Dex-chan lover
@RNDM1 I mean I never said they were magic supermen or that Japan couldn't train their own spec ops. The point I made and am still making is that they took on 3 other teams of presumably equal training and equipment simultaneously without a single casualty like it was trivial. The Japanese soldiers weren't "regular line units" with heavy weapons either. From a realism standpoint there's no way those teams would all be there without being aware of each other's presence or the Japanese unit.

Aggregator gang
@Gilthwixt From a realism standpoint getting no fewer than three separate foreign commando squads there in the first place just isn't happening. Spies, sure why not. Military strike teams? Have fun even getting them to the damn islands without getting noticed and intercepted to begin with, the Americans would be the only ones with even a smidgen of chance since they could try staging out of their long-established bases there.

Which the Japanese would know equally well and duly keep an eye out for, obviously.

Dex-chan lover
@RNDM1 I thought it was a little sketchy too, but not completely unreasonable. IIRC the Pakistani government wasn't even aware the Seals had raided Bin Laden until it was already done and they were long gone, thanks to that secret stealth chopper design of theirs. I'm more willing to suspend my disbelief that all three teams were able to covertly insert into Japan than I am to believe two Japanese snipers took on three other teams at once without issue.

@Gilthwixt I just took it as the Japanese team winning hard because they had full support, like they could see where every single person was on the battlefield in the dark, while the other 3 teams had no support. The other 3 teams were also not working together, they were 3 separate teams totally unaware of each other's presence, so it wasn't really 3 on 1 it was a 4 way free for all with no knowing, not even the japanese, that there were 3 foreign teams until after the battle was over.

It was probably written to be a glorification of the Japanese military, especially when the american team says stuff about how much better the japanese are than they expected. But at the same time, the inclusion of the details where the Japanese side is not only expecting an attack but is also fully prepared for one, with all that surveillance stuff they show in the command center, while the 3 other teams are using gear any survivalist can buy in japan with no coordination shows this was a rush job on their part. So I see it more like what happens when you have someone taking full advantage of modern equipment and planning like an extension of what is happening on the other side of the gate. Everyone has guns on this side of the gate, but in this particular battle only the japanese are using map hacks as home court advantage.

great manga but no manga can stay alive forever with full chapters and being past chapter 100 already im kinda scared

The art is beautiful but.. I can't take such short chapters every month.
This is too good to progress at such a snails pace, aarrrgh...

Those medieval guys gotta be grateful the gate they opened wasnt connected to the warhammer 40k universe

Users who are viewing this thread