GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

Fed-Kun's army
@Rayodino
I can't remember the exact ones, but there were a number of arcs skipped.
And within the arcs that wasn't skipped, there's quite a bit of information that wasn't featured or changed.

In all honestly, I suggest just reading the manga in full. Even if you read the skipped arcs and continue where the anime finishes there will still be information you don't know about. And it would take others more time to remember, fact check, list and convey that to you than for you to just gain the information yourself. Unless they are on level of a saint, it's just not worth the effort.

That sly Yanagida. When he does the deed?

Also the spy would be dead if the author is a real military guy as the forum said. No spy would be foolish enough to reveal himself or even requesting extraction after being revealed.

Fed-Kun's army
> No spy would be foolish enough to reveal himself or even requesting extraction after being revealed.

He's not a spy. He's a foot soldier in a wrong job. But how in Hell did he end up in there? Artistic license? Creative freedom? Whatever. We can find unbelievable, implausible, one-man-army stuff in real world history. See this right here:
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=31591.0
And that's not even counting the part where as soon as the plot requires it, they instantly forget about all the racism nonsense and become best buddies with the definitely non-Aryan Japanese.

Fed-Kun's army
@Rayodino
It's an enjoyable read, I guarantee you won't regret it. Especially the differences between how characters like Yao, Lelei and even Tyuule are portrayed compared to the anime.
Though there are some less enjoyable parts, the author really let their dislike for the media show in the manga and it can take up far more time than one would like.

Also, while you may like how some characters are portrayed...you might not be keen on how they look. Some characters like Rory looks good in both manga and anime, Lelei and Yao I personally prefer their manga look, Tuka and the big-breasted girl who beat the shit out of the prince I prefer their anime look.....Pina differs from time to time.

@SingLove I fucking hated Yao in the anime. When she was introduced and hurt tuka to try and manipulate hitami into fighting the dragon. I wished so badly that someone would just knock her the fuck out. So if you tell me that there’s a chapter where something like that does happen I can guarantee you I will be rereading this manga by the end of the week

Fed-Kun's army
@Rayodino
Unfortunately, that part reminds the same....actual no it's worst since they aren't confined to time like the anime was and go into greater details. But, unlike the anime the fault doesn't lie solely on Yao. Itami and to a major part the JSDF were also to blame for things going in that direction. (They pretty much made plans to help Yao, but didn't tell her and to get Itami on-board purposely set thing in motion for Yao to get his help.)

But more importantly, it's how they handle Yao's character afterwards that excels from the anime.

@SingLove what do they do with her character? Does she become a better person or something?
I feel like I’ll never get closure for what she did.

Fed-Kun's army
@Rayodino
Not gonna say. Read and find out lol, that part should be within the first 30 or so chapters.

@Succubus
In a way, kinda....but it's more an "anti-media propaganda" manga.
They do glorify the JSDF in this, but they don't make them out to be like super heroes. They act surprisingly in realistic manners most of the time, including all the faults that come with being human.

Fed-Kun's army
They do glorify the JSDF in this, but they don't make them out to be like super heroes. They act surprisingly in realistic manners most of the time, including all the faults that come with being human.
Author has JGSDF background, so that is only natural.

how far is this from both the novel and the anime?
Past anime, and I guess about 4th novel (5 total)

Users who are viewing this thread