Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Ch. 151

Double-page supporter
LOL maybe he'll end up making her little bro a "Let's Love!" chara like how he made waka and some others or as oneshots lol

It's not 'impossible' for 'based on a true story' or 'events may be exaggerated' but wouldn't be surprised if they put like "not intended /any similarities is a coincidence" since Miyako did straight up use Ryosuke for a manga chara (with added tanuki accessories) tho Ken-san would prolly make some small edits/changes

be amusing if it indirectly made wakamatsu 'popular' (tho unlike that chapter where he's 'nice to every girl/all sparkly' b/c seo is gone, they just wanna be 'proper ladies' or so/learn manners b/c i wouldn't be surprised if 'etiquette' lessons were a thing so asking waka to do it as a favor/for free/treating him to lunch or something would be quite a good deal)

or maybe somehow nozaki visiting Rei's school (Kashima's younger sister) or getting stories about her all girls school or so and just 'genderbending' the series (tho he has 'accidentally' made yaoi stories with Tomoda and that 'english lit.' test they had, so maybe he'd end up sketching a yuri and go viral from that, tho he didn't rly base any stories on kashima in comparison to seo)

Given how Nozaki has adapted people around him as manga characters (Seo -> Oze, Waka -> Waka (different kanji), Mikoshiba -> Mamiko), it'd be pretty straightforward. I suppose some changes might be made to keep the character count low, like making this new character (shoujo manga girl) be one of Waka's classmates, but overall, this chapter could be turned into a chapter from Let's Love with just a few changes:
Mamiko (Sakura) is worried about Suzuki (Nozaki) meeting up with this girl (shoujo manga girl). Mamiko decided to track her down only to find out that Suzuki met up with her to ask her for a favor after a chance meeting with her and Waka. That favor Suzuki asked of her would form the basis of a misunderstanding-based conflict that might as well last for a handful of chapters, lol!

As for a new golden age for Wakamatsu's popularity, I had a blast imagining him trying to hold etiquette classes hosted by the home economics club or something, and people expecting a "kind and gentle" Wakamatsu being shocked by his newly-unlocked headmaster mode (something he picked up from reading too many shoujo manga involving butlers).

As for that last point, didn't Nozaki already meet up with Rei a lot of times before? I think Nozaki's a bit scared of Rei's imagination, and might not be willing to adapt her stories into manga. As for giving her school a visit, I am not sure what kind of set-up would be needed for Nozaki to be in Rei's school, maybe their school festival? That'd probably involve the entire gang though, and IDK if Nozaki would be able to find managa material that way. But yeah! Maybe Rei would request that Nozaki would draw a one-shot and the draft for that would find its way to Maeno (Miyako mixing up that draft and her own manuscript after a visit to Nozaki's place or something) which would mean another weird work from‌ Miyako, haha!

Am I overthinking things? Yeah, definitely, but it's also kinda fun.

Dex-chan lover
idk if some magazine's would 'censor' it (b/c he said he had an issue with mamiko/suzuki sharing a bike b/c it's an 'illegal law' to ride that way, or mamiko sitting on his lap), but there prolly are "G" rated bl/gl where they're just a regular couple and dont' do more than like holding hands or kiss tho i guess for that a kiss is the 'finale' versus a slow burn lol (tho wouldn't be surprised if in universe that the more popular ship was Suzuki and that black haired rival ("He's so dumb it's cute/i wanna protect him!") versus suzuki/mamiko XD)
I was thinking less about censoring and more about whether a shoujo manga company would consider the genres to be appealing to their target audience (young girls in the case of shoujo, since that's what the term actually translates to,) though it's not impossible for either since young adult woman are also technically part of the target audience, so it ultimately depends on if it's adapted such that it would appeal to the target audience (especially if the publisher is geared towards the younger end of shoujo.) Kind of like how Romcoms aren't typically a Shonen appealing genre, it's not impossible to see them get published in something like Shonen Jump (especially since Shonen Jump has aspired to capture mor of the female demographic lately,) but chances are normally better elsewhere normally 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I do gatcha pulls with my religious friend's hand and i have a shit pull. Does this mean there is no god ?

Dex-chan lover
the one liner endings are great.
I think bob cut easily retells things without the full context.

Double-page supporter
this chapter is so fucking funny, i laughed so many times. thank you for the translation!!!! you guys are the best!!

Dex-chan lover
miscommunications is my least favourite trope in a romcom but it super works in here somehow
I might be in the opposite boat(I don't mind it much).

But the reason it works here is because the author actually is skilled and understands his characters(as well as how to set things up well, and execute it well), while other series just beat you on the head with a miscommunication two by four.

It also helps that this is used for comedy rather than romance(gag vs drama).

On a different topic.

Note to self: Do not drink while reading this manga.

Dex-chan lover
If Bakarina is better than many otome isekai while being a parody of them, then Nozaki is definitely better than many shoujo even being a parody of the genre.
It is the Metalocalypse thing. Making a parody heavy metal show, and end up with some of the best metal music out there.

Didn't know about Bakarina (name was off-putting), so thanks for listing that.

Dex-chan lover
It is the Metalocalypse thing. Making a parody heavy metal show, and end up with some of the best metal music out there.

Didn't know about Bakarina (name was off-putting), so thanks for listing that.
The irony of Bakarina is that the work that appeared in response to the otome isekai wave in LN ended up starting this trend in anime itself, as it received an adaptation before the rest due to its popularity. Same thing with ReZero and Konosuba.

Users who are viewing this thread