Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Vol. 16 Ch. 151

Dex-chan lover
Yes, that’s the joke. The author also made Oresama Teacher, a full-on shoujo series.
And does this matter? Are you saying that I can't praise the quality of a parody above the original works because the author writes shoujo?

Dex-chan lover
The scenario was very funny but what made me smile the most is various Chiyo's funny expression.
chiyo gets the best expressions, esp the 'pout' and 'excitedly taking notes' one from the chapter she went to his house with his classmates who 'got revealed' he was a mangaka but they were more impressed by her recognizing him from the childhood images to where it's like "oh, you are a shoujo mangaka, ok that's nice."

I was screaming at my screen telling them “It's that girl Wakamatsu was out with in the previous chapter!!!” until I realized these two weren't involved in that.

I hope this shoujo manga girl becomes a recurring extra, giving Nozaki even more material from her shoujo manga-esque life (which will inevitably turn out hilariously off/realistic/disappointing or whatever fits best) and Chiyo getting more and more suspicious. Perhaps culminating in shoujo manga girl meeting up with her hunky, rich, and now half-brother in a chaotic dinner with Nozaki "in the sidelines, for science" and Chiyo (and Mikorin) tailing them. All the while, Wakamatsu (who was indirectly the cause of all this mess) being blissfully unaware of all the chaos and asking shoujo manga girl how the dinner went.
LOL maybe he'll end up making her little bro a "Let's Love!" chara like how he made waka and some others or as oneshots lol

It's not 'impossible' for 'based on a true story' or 'events may be exaggerated' but wouldn't be surprised if they put like "not intended /any similarities is a coincidence" since Miyako did straight up use Ryosuke for a manga chara (with added tanuki accessories) tho Ken-san would prolly make some small edits/changes

be amusing if it indirectly made wakamatsu 'popular' (tho unlike that chapter where he's 'nice to every girl/all sparkly' b/c seo is gone, they just wanna be 'proper ladies' or so/learn manners b/c i wouldn't be surprised if 'etiquette' lessons were a thing so asking waka to do it as a favor/for free/treating him to lunch or something would be quite a good deal)

or maybe somehow nozaki visiting Rei's school (Kashima's younger sister) or getting stories about her all girls school or so and just 'genderbending' the series (tho he has 'accidentally' made yaoi stories with Tomoda and that 'english lit.' test they had, so maybe he'd end up sketching a yuri and go viral from that, tho he didn't rly base any stories on kashima in comparison to seo)

Dex-chan lover
I require a Chiyo. I got a new banner to roll on tomorrow and I don't want to use up too many gems till the one after.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, that’s the joke. The author also made Oresama Teacher, a full-on shoujo series.
I loved that series, I was honestly pretty shocked when I realized the author made both series... Took a lot longer than I'm willing to admit to put two and two together when Amazon kept recommending Nozaki Kun to me while I was buying the physical copies of Oresama teacher (despite the "from the same author" label that should have made it obvious 😅)

Dex-chan lover
I love CMC, thank you guys

This is One of those chapters I'd have loved to see incthe anime :angery:

Dex-chan lover
no way, continuation of last chapter!

also congratulations to mikorin to get that idol SSR unit. now i wish sakura will pull for my gacha too ..
Just remember that, you'd have to get her distracted by some other mix-up involving Nozaki. It wouldn't be difficult to accomplish, but just an important note about the process 😜

Dex-chan lover
or maybe somehow nozaki visiting Rei's school (Kashima's younger sister) or getting stories about her all girls school or so and just 'genderbending' the series (tho he has 'accidentally' made yaoi stories with Tomoda and that 'english lit.' test they had, so maybe he'd end up sketching a yuri and go viral from that, tho he didn't rly base any stories on kashima in comparison to seo)
The only problem with the Yuri angle is that Nozaki's fanbase is predominantly female, and Yuri appeals more to males, generally speaking, much like how Yaoi has more of a female fanbase, though I don't know if either qualifies as "shoujo" (though I guess it depends on if you're referring to a ship within his series or a new manga in that genre, both are very different things 🤔)

Dex-chan lover
the normal students aren't interesting enough to be shown in this manga
or they're just speedrunning romance, like that one pair that became a couple b/c of the 'paper cup phone' chapter, some of the drama club is 'normal' even if they indulge hori and kashima's antics

The only problem with the Yuri angle is that Nozaki's fanbase is predominantly female, and Yuri appeals more to males, generally speaking, much like how Yaoi has more of a female fanbase, though I don't know if either qualifies as "shoujo" (though I guess it depends on if you're referring to a ship within his series or a new manga in that genre, both are very different things 🤔)
guess it depends, after all nozaki still makes 'oneshots' too rather than adding everything to let's love lol, but yeah he'd prolly just change it into a male/female couple like how he made Seo into "Oze"

idk if some magazine's would 'censor' it (b/c he said he had an issue with mamiko/suzuki sharing a bike b/c it's an 'illegal law' to ride that way, or mamiko sitting on his lap), but there prolly are "G" rated bl/gl where they're just a regular couple and dont' do more than like holding hands or kiss tho i guess for that a kiss is the 'finale' versus a slow burn lol (tho wouldn't be surprised if in universe that the more popular ship was Suzuki and that black haired rival ("He's so dumb it's cute/i wanna protect him!") versus suzuki/mamiko XD)

Dex-chan lover
I know, right? It’s almost like the author previously did shoujo manga or something.
Oh look, needless edgy sarcasm that misses the point. The vast majority of shoujo mangaka don't go on to create a super-successful parody of the genre, so you're not really saying much there, bud.

Users who are viewing this thread