Gendai Shakai De Otome Game No Akuyaku Reijou Wo Suru No Wa Chotto Taihen - Ch. 15 - The Dinner Party

Didn't England lose though?
Also, what can you gain if you bet 1 trillion yen on 2008 financial crisis?
England won up to the finals. Not they won the finals. Important distinction.

Also, I reckon you'd face either counterparty risk (the issuer being unable to pay back) or liquidity issues (a lot of Credit Default Swaps needs to be sold in a market that couldn't really buy much).

3SC, is this specifically from the point of view of the Japanese? I thought the post war economic boom Japan had was due to intense investment from the West?
Well, It is a bit Japan-centric in it's view about the post war boom. It didn't mention aid from America, but to be fair the conditional surrender wouldn't nessesiate a rebuilding of Japan as seen in our timeline.

In our timeline, I agree mostly with your view to an extent, as Japan innovated too in it's processes to outcompete Western companies.

Dex-chan lover
There were a lot of MILFs...I mean MILF...MLFs in this chapter.

I've known a few smaller landlords that live by the Buy, Borrow, Die method. Rents give them enough funds to get a new property, which they mortgage the shit out of it, live high off the loan money, rinse and repeat. Every now and then, they sell a property to pay off taxes and knock down their outstanding loans and the process starts again.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! Lol you'd think they'd have some intimidating bodyguards just outside the fence/onstand by unless she's also cutting corners or so (but another chance to give the other workers a backstory)

so basically she is evading tax by setting up shell company in tax haven
I mean idk how illegal it is but i'm sure there are 'tax shelters'/shell companies where it's technical legal due to a loophole or whatever but hope she has a really good lawyer/accountant team on retainer if so

Dex-chan lover
Well, there should be a definition government can use to draw the line on where they can confidently accuse an entity as intentionally avoiding tax, even if it’s within legal loophole. Like, it’s not usually wrong for someone to invest, own, or operate business abroad.
Where do they usually draw the line?

Dex-chan lover
Well, It is a bit Japan-centric in it's view about the post war boom. It didn't mention aid from America, but to be fair the conditional surrender wouldn't nessesiate a rebuilding of Japan as seen in our timeline.

In our timeline, I agree mostly with your view to an extent, as Japan innovated too in it's processes to outcompete Western companies.
Well, in this comic timeline the war was stopped before it reached a critical point... So yeah things are a bit different

Dex-chan lover
Dangit her overly large head makes me want to nudge it!
She is so adorable that the discrepancy between such a childish-looking character spouting sophisticated economic theories really emphasises the gap between her past life and her current one.

Dex-chan lover
Well, there should be a definition government can use to draw the line on where they can confidently accuse an entity as intentionally avoiding tax, even if it’s within legal loophole. Like, it’s not usually wrong for someone to invest, own, or operate business abroad.
Where do they usually draw the line?
They draw it wherever they feel like it. It is a grey area since in theory what she is doing is legal. But government can always claim intention. So it would be up to the government whether to look the other way or not

At this point they will for sure look the other way since if they go after her they risk crashing the economy and embarrassing themselves. But once things settle down the government can use it as a form of blackmail

Users who are viewing this thread