Gendai Shakai De Otome Game No Akuyaku Reijou Wo Suru No Wa Chotto Taihen - Ch. 15 - The Dinner Party

Dex-chan lover
They draw it wherever they feel like it. It is a grey area since in theory what she is doing is legal. But government can always claim intention. So it would be up to the government whether to look the other way or not

At this point they will for sure look the other way since if they go after her they risk crashing the economy and embarrassing themselves. But once things settle down the government can use it as a form of blackmail
Basically, it's legal as long as it still within "National Interest"

Thanks! Lol you'd think they'd have some intimidating bodyguards just outside the fence/onstand by unless she's also cutting corners or so (but another chance to give the other workers a backstory)

I mean idk how illegal it is but i'm sure there are 'tax shelters'/shell companies where it's technical legal due to a loophole or whatever but hope she has a really good lawyer/accountant team on retainer if so
It's mostly Ichijo and his guys, so she's in a good place.

Also, the bodyguards she's gonna have will be interesting, just saying.

With such a fragile economy, what MC is doing is quite risky. One wrong step and the interest rates will skyrocket and make her loans so much more expensive
Well... when's the economy is fragile, they wouldn't really raise rates. And since it's secured in USD, it reduces Japan-risks I think?

Well, there should be a definition government can use to draw the line on where they can confidently accuse an entity as intentionally avoiding tax, even if it’s within legal loophole. Like, it’s not usually wrong for someone to invest, own, or operate business abroad.
Where do they usually draw the line?
In a sense, there are no loopholes, just tax advantages waiting to be used to reduce taxes.

Legislating measures to reduce these tax advantages is so hard since they require the tax haven's cooperation, which is not gonna happen. Nor would it be easy to get though corporate donors that benefit from it.

Supporter
Also, what can you gain if you bet 1 trillion yen on 2008 financial crisis?

not the same but I managed to turn a few hundred bucks into a few thousand by buying stock in some big companies during the 2008 crash. pretty Sure I’d have made a killing and could’ve retired early if I’d mortgaged my house and spent it all on stock back then lol

They draw it wherever they feel like it. It is a grey area since in theory what she is doing is legal. But government can always claim intention. So it would be up to the government whether to look the other way or not

At this point they will for sure look the other way since if they go after her they risk crashing the economy and embarrassing themselves. But once things settle down the government can use it as a form of blackmail
I think she is safe as long as they pay the taxes on foreign income for Japanese citizens. I think what they are doing is to avoid the costs and taxes of converting the wealth to Yen.

I do think that this could become a scandal though if it goes public. Or the government could make something up to accuse her of doing. I think they would use this to gain control of her wealth rather than just take her down. To some government bigwig a young girl not part of the main family and related to someone who committed basic treason could be a valuable pawn.

Users who are viewing this thread