Gendai Shakai De Otome Game No Akuyaku Reijou Wo Suru No Wa Chotto Taihen - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Lady's Flight (4)

Dex-chan lover
About the Aqua x Akane fic.
Will it involve story about their financial plan for the wealth they accumulated through their career to plan for marriage and family life?
Or them having an encounter with the NTA?

I'm wondering whats up with the Audit report, otherwise thank you for the chapter
They got hit by a serious accounting fraud allegation at their release of chapter 6.

Last edited:
Not entirely certain, but I think the scanlation group did it to avoid legal problems. Let me explain:

It's super illegal to give financial advice; at all! Giving financial advice can only be done by Licensed Financial Advisors. If you've ever watched a Youtube video explaining money issues, they will always disclose that they are/aren't a Licensed Financial Advisor. It's a super sticky issue that the mere mentioning of money issues could be considered financial advice. This manga likely fell into that consideration. They likely caught the attention of some 3-letter-angency simply for translating.

tldr; Scanlation group hired an official auditor to get the IRS off their back.
Y'all are high if you think that audit report is real. Scanlation group is roleplaying hard lol.

For one- look at this test page they released. https://mangadex.org/chapter/1ab228b5-83c6-4859-ba55-4fd09f1a32e1

For two- just Google the name of the "auditor"- not to mention that the name is missing a h between the text and the logo. No results even show between either english name, the characters in the logo, or reverse image searching the logo. This firm doesn't exist.

For three- if you actually look at what the "audit report" says lmao.. A proofreading audit??? On top of that- what kind of scanlation group needs accounting services???

Edit: from the comments of ch. 6 - I see the scanlation group is having fun with https://mangadex.org/group/5dc33ffb-adf6-4430-88d3-05a4e47c02f4/great-northern-general-endeavours

Dex-chan lover
Man as soon as she stops being a loli this will be dropped so quickly.
checks what ruined the economy right, government regulation favoring certain groups leading to mass centralization of entire fields to select companies who buy off seats to maintain their personal stake
What? You want to say that the only people who hold real power will do everything that they can to reap as much benefit as possible? YOU LIE!

Dex-chan lover
Was thinking the audit report was a joke, saw the comment said that it's true, then realized that it was a joke after all. This is what happened if you RP-ing way too hard.

Also I do hope there'll always be someone who makes a summary that explain in a way that even a 9 year old can understand cuz legit all the financial terms and all that flew over my head. It's rough bruh.

Dex-chan lover
AND THERE IT IS

Before reading this chapter I was just thinking that for a reader with only passing interest in financial systems and money games, this manga's biggest shortcoming was the lack of personal stakes from its characters. Now that it's revealed that Runa's past life was plagued by the same economic slump she's trying to shield herself from in her current life really sets in stone the reader's emotional investment.

She's done playing defense, that badass creed announced that she's awakened. YEEHAW

Dex-chan lover
Not entirely certain, but I think the scanlation group did it to avoid legal problems. Let me explain:

It's super illegal to give financial advice; at all! Giving financial advice can only be done by Licensed Financial Advisors. If you've ever watched a Youtube video explaining money issues, they will always disclose that they are/aren't a Licensed Financial Advisor. It's a super sticky issue that the mere mentioning of money issues could be considered financial advice. This manga likely fell into that consideration. They likely caught the attention of some 3-letter-angency simply for translating.

Fuck the IRS.
Greedy bastards...

Regulated advice usually falls under the relevant investment authority, like the SEC for Securities and CFTC for Commodities, if I were operating in the US, not the IRS. However, as I'm His Majesty's subject, it would be Finra who'll have jurisdiction as far as I'm aware.

checks what ruined the economy right, government regulation favoring certain groups leading to mass centralization of entire fields to select companies who buy off seats to maintain their personal stake
Well, it's not that bad. I may be biased, but large corporations are not that bad. Due to their scale, the'll be able to provide better service and prices for consumers.

Conceptually, governments exist to protect their citizens... But reality doesn't always correspond with the concepts. That's why we have elections, to let those citizens scrutinize the government's decisions and push for changes... But like Rousseau wrote, the interests of the individuals don't always align with the common good, so democracy isn't exactly amazing. Anyway, shit can and will go wrong if you have the wrong people making the decisions. That's how it is sometimes
The Social Contract gets broken sometimes, and when I mean sometimes, I mean a lot. But still, when Regulators had political support to prevent abuse, the'll probably take said chance.

About the Aqua x Akane fic.
Will it involve story about their financial plan for the wealth they accumulated through their career to plan for marriage and family life?
Or them having an encounter with the NTA?

They got hit by a serious accounting fraud allegation at their release of chapter 6.
Honestly, it's just a Slice of Life fic with Yan themes, and I'm not really proud of it, even if I do love it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's not that bad. I may be biased, but large corporations are not that bad. Due to their scale, the'll be able to provide better service and prices for consumers.
I'm inclined to agree, not to mention large corpos (either as foreign investment or as govt-subsidized local startups) are usually the fastest way a developing country can graduate from subsistence economy (see any Asian countries for example)

But I also believe regulations are necessary to combat monopolies (which usually means worse service due to no competition) and price gouging (looking at you Nvidia).

Since you have enough braincells to understand this manga's financial terms, I wanna ask you how to enact regulations in such a way that doesnt drive away foreign investors (see Thailand raising minimum wage too fast and driving away foreign investment in its local film industry, and the manufacturing exodus away from China to Vietnam and Phillipines) or prompt the local startup to move overseas as soon as they can?

Dex-chan lover
agreed, but it's when they become too big to fail and every time they prove to be incompetent that we get regulation that bans others from getting to their size, while bailing them out and leaving the status quo that got us into that situation :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
I know this is pretty much wish fulfillment isekai, but damn it, GO GET EM GIRL! RAGE AGAINST THIS UNFAIR GAME AND GRAB OUR FUTURE BY ITS BALLS!

in the long run, we're all fucking dead anyways, so this is her time, no our time

Dex-chan lover
If she can somehow take that bank out of the red, our girl will be filthy stinking rich.

Screw Male leads, we have money.

Aggregator gang
Also I do hope there'll always be someone who makes a summary that explain in a way that even a 9 year old can understand cuz legit all the financial terms and all that flew over my head. It's rough bruh.
What is there to understand? This chapter is short.
1. Background situation
Japan economy is in trouble, bubble burst, recession. Borrower cant pay the loan to the bank, so the bank cant get their money back. Huge amount of Non Performing Loan (NPL) will be announced in the audit, public know, public got worried, people withdraw their money from the bank.
This is why Naoyuki beg Runa to deposit money to the bank. Without fund, the bank will collapse.

2. Employment Ice Age
Read the explanation note and the flashback. Her previous life was from that era, where she slave away as temporary worker only, and finally died of overwork. Bubble burst in 1995, not recovering until 2004, and then financial crisis hit again in 2008 because that stupid Lehtan Broder.
In the game, Keikain Runa supposed to fall into ruin in 2008, right at the moment of financial crisis.

3. Bail out or Insolvency
It is true that the best way to solve the problem is to bail out the bank. Because there will be systemic impact to the economy if one bank banrupt, especially if it is big. In this case, Hokkaido Development Bank is big. Massive.
But the problem is, where the money came from? It need lots of money. And using public fund bring another set of problem. Generally people don't like their tax money is used to bail out bank - not their interest, not their benefit, it is waste of fund etc.

In truly heartless market economy, the view is just to let the bank die, along with all its employees, and it will free the asset. Create a new bank that will buy the asset and free from problem and debt.

Our heroine, defy this "common sense" and "this era", declare this one move (Take over bid) that will save one bank, and Japan economy itself.

Users who are viewing this thread