Gendai Shakai De Otome Game No Akuyaku Reijou Wo Suru No Wa Chotto Taihen - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Lady's Flight (4)

Dex-chan lover
Also I do hope there'll always be someone who makes a summary that explain in a way that even a 9 year old can understand cuz legit all the financial terms and all that flew over my head. It's rough bruh.
For Runa's own motivation, she wants a better society.

In her past life, the recession made her generation desperate and willing to lower themselves so they can get a job to survive. Her ex-boss expect her to offer her body to get a job, because the job hunting scene is that bad.
In this lifetime, Naoyuki throw away his pride and use his mother's connection to beg Runa to save the bank. Even though he previously refuse nepotism and want to depend only on his own ability.

Runa's wish now is to lessen the economic impact. She hoped if the economic recession is not as bad, people will have better bargaining position and not become a "would do anything for a job" beggar. There's no need to be people like Naoyuki who throw away their dignity, or like her ex-boss who doesn't feel anything about exploiting desperate workers.

iinm, in the novel, she put it as, wanting a world who can be more kind to people.

Dex-chan lover
Ah.

This chapter is certainly a lot more dramatic and expounds more detail on Runa's motivation on her decisions at this stage.

At the LN, I do feel the author is working on the assumption that the reader knows the crushing state of utter despair and desperation that people felt during these times. It is not pretty nor clear cut. People are ruined and "ruined" as a result. The Manga artist and writing puts it at the forefront here. What, in an individual level, these people experienced on such downturns in the economy. Ruinous results and ruinous actions perpetuate on these circumstances.

This also highlights a difference in characterization of how the LN Runa and Manga Runa is portrayed. I believe I already pointed this out before.

The LN Runa portrayal has a closer "merging" between her past and current self. There is no sudden and violent flashbacks to her past experiences nor does it cause any indecisiveness on her actions. The integration between the two makes for a "perfect merge" that characterizes the LN Runa. Her emotions are "hers" and not a vestige of "a past life" nor are her actions pushed towards such things because of a sudden realization. It has the deciviness born out of a calculating and scheming mind towards a goal that is set in her mind. A review of all data presented (both what is infront of her and what her past self's wisdom and knowledge brings to the table) and the consequenting action born from that.

On the others outside, these kind of actions is perplexing, awe inspiring, and terrifying.

The bearings of a Little Majesty.

The Manga Runa brings a more "human" element into her characterization. I get that it is 100% done for the manga reader's benefit because this brings more context and portrayal to the inner workings of what makes Runa tick. This is also done to further induce sympathy on her past self and create an emotional relatability on the reader's side on her motivations and actions. This expounding of details that are glossed over in the LN and the minor adjustments to scenes creates a better read that is appropriate for the Manga format. It makes for a more relatable Runa because the reader can latch onto that "Past Self" side of her that is more closer than someone that is an OP Villainess. Not really someone that people can relate to in their day-to-day lives.

While the view of the other characters might be the same as LN Runa, the Manga Runa brings a more inner "human" that the readers can latch onto.

They see the human of the Little Majesty.

if I am looking at the progression right, the next chapter will be a lesson in money that will benefit a whole lot of people. I know that there are a lot of readers that are not... exactly able to fully grasp the intricacies and specifics of the financial world (I am at that camp to a degree myself). However, I do think that being able to grasp the lesson that Ichijou will be teaching Runa at the next chapter will do a lot of people benefit. It brings some things into perspective and its quite nice to see in the process (I'm trusting the artist here to show it in a good way).

As is with anything, I give my thanks and praises to the teams for doing the translation works in a standard that is acceptable and readable. The thoughts and audits are interesting to review and I come out of this with a strong sense of faith that things are in a smooth and stable course for wonderful things to come (unlike Disney's).

Dex-chan lover
The real question, who does TL play the most frequently in HOI4 and what mods are they using? KR redux Japan vs Germany East Asia War event chain is busted so rip 20+ hours.

Banned
all the mental disorders in the comments complaining how complicated this series is.. music to my ears

The real question, who does TL play the most frequently in HOI4 and what mods are they using? KR redux Japan vs Germany East Asia War event chain is busted so rip 20+ hours.
Millenium Dawn, China Main. I love building Civ Factories for the whole game. I also love the Influence Mechanics, especially since I made Indonesia, Mongolia, and Angola my Associated States through it.

Dex-chan lover
I never expect the story will be between Villainess vs the Economy itself. but damn.. she is an upright honest girl, sadly a pushover one too, and born on bad era. I hope you can find and bring happiness on your second life.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
How is that trash bank Naoyuki's bank? He can't be anything but an ordinary rank and file employee there. Is it because in Japan, a person marries their employer? A person might also marry a woman or a man for the usual definition of marriage, but the primary marriage partner will always be the employer in Japan. Yet in the same chapter we saw the MC, in her previous life, being treated like a spittoon by her employers. Quite a schizophrenic place.

Users who are viewing this thread