Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Let's Create a Live Broadcast

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes of course, you recruited the one guy that has tried delicacies from all sorts of different people and different cultures and he has brought to the king ingredients for... exclusively Japanese food. Also, how convenient that he just suddenly gains access to soy sauce, miso, and rice. Cue the montage of everyone trying rice for the first time and going, sUpErIoR JaPaNeSe QuIsInE.

Group Leader
What a manga without superior Japanese cuisine? Must be pretty lame one. :-|

everything about this screams japanese erf. They even use chopsticks... whatever

The cuisine JAPANESE MASTER RACE ? Like it takes you 5 minutes to see other culture foods to find inspiration but you settle for takoyaki and udon ^^ When you're ethnocentrist but you don't even realize it. You could've just made both fictional food and cuisine you know ??????????????

Forced hypocrite humility also as a ruler, you have two bodies, so stop acting like you're in the modern world.

Also HOW CAN YOU KNOW THAT BOWING IN ANOTHER WORLD IS THE SAME AS IN JAPAN (people don't do that outside japan bruh) ??????? It's just your own custom. I know this manga is meant to be made for japanese but this is retarded. That 90 degrees bow; IDK what's the point of an isekai if you're just forcing your japanese master race attitude??? It just shows how little of your own culture you understand as well but there's basically no culture shock. He's just the master race that takes over the primitive kingdom.

The "itadakimasu" gesture they don't understand is good but what about all the other things like weird bowing, chopsticks ? Typical japanese food and sauces like shoyu, miso, rice ????

Like the whole point of an isekai is thrown out the window.

Dex-chan lover
For being "realistic" this is society is too identical to modern japanese than medieval ages.

- Medieval ages didn't lowered their heads like that https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/Different_kinds_of_bows_in_eo.gif/400px-Different_kinds_of_bows_in_eo.gif
- In war/crisis times people flock around strong leaders, someone lowering his head on the second appearance would inmediately lose respect of everyone.
- People in medieval ages didn't obey a law just because it was law, enforcing laws was a big fucking problem.
- You didn't need to tell them that you could eat diffferent plants and fishes, they already knew that, the problem were the methods and TOOLS to prepare such food and make it not toxic. The tools being the most difficult part.
- Oil was expensive, specially in cold regions. Asking medieval starving people to deep fry food would increase the famine.
- Even the simplest takoyaki requires a lot of tools and ingredients which the average citizends didn't have such as flour. With that I mean if they already had flour they wouldn't be on a famine in the first place.

Basically this entire chapter was the isekai equivalent of "if you don't have bread then eat cakes"

Fucking snob manga with the same execution as every other isekai.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood try NEET Dakedo Hello Work, the MC does try to create dishes from our world but he is more focused on western food like cutlets, pudin, brandy caramel.

He does try to recreate japanese dishes but has moderate sucess. Curry: failure due to the difference in spices. Bear pot: Success thanks to superior bear meat, ramen: mild success, "soup with pasta" already existed in medieval europe so the dish is nothing new for the people living there but they call it 'ramen' to humour the reincarnator and motivate him to cook more often.

Seems like the author of that one did travel to europe or another western country and had first hand experience on how difficult it is to recreate japanese cuissine when you don't have the proper ingredients.

Dex-chan lover
@Faryshta Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check the summary. But really, the cooking bits just bore me in general in manga. I just skip. As I said, 99% is the author somehow magically making the MC able to cook it (which as you say is stupid), and then people LOVING it (which is even more stupid). So I just skip those pages and move on with my life while I think "ah, another misinformed mangaka".

I like that he's trying to expand the food repertoire of the people, but I feel like this could have been handled better by the mangaka. There's a ton of different cuisines in the world that make use of unconventional ingredients - I feel like if the mangaka did a bit more extra research, this section could have been more than another typical "isekai glorification of Japanese food" moment. Don't get me wrong, I love the shit out of Japanese cuisine, but other cultures have a lot to offer too yanno?

This manga has been pretty much "Japan/Japanese is the best" manga. First it was heavy office work, then he's somehow insanely smart and educated, then it's media / idol (singer / food), now it's Japanese food that people have already commented is a problem for commoners at best. Oh and Japanese "modesty by self deprecation" by completely ignoring the world's customs and bowing to the commoners like an idiot.

Watch at some point he'll extoll the virtues of a low birth rate and giving up hopes of starting a family to work as a salaryman in addition to not accepting any advances from women himself lmao

OF COURSE this world would have soy sauce. Why would it not? Everyone knows that a fantasy world must follow Japanese culture....

Aggregator gang
His constant forced humility bugs me. Everyone's just automatically loyal to him so everything works, but if he acted like a pushover as an actual ruler it would just cause problems.
You do realize 3 of the highest generals, dukes or whatever their title is are opposing him currently by this chapter right?

Users who are viewing this thread