Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 10 Ch. 51 - Among the Snow (1)

Dex-chan lover
I've grown to really, really hate this manga. There aren't a lot of stories with geopolitics, so when this started I was excited to read.

The problem is that the author tries to insert all this smart fancy-pants stuff, ohh the economy, ohhh international diplomacy, ohhh internal politics, but when it's time to solve these issues the mangaka drops the ball HARD by writing the most baby brained solutions imaginable.

Famine? Just do a cooking show!
Economy bad??? Build a TOURIST TOWN (in a medieval world!). Corrupt and scheming nobles? Oh no problem man, we just gathered all of them in one room so you can extrajudicially kill them :).

Also really tired of this thing where he introduces something japanese and everyone reacts like it's the best thing ever. Feels like the saddest kind of nationalism I've ever witnessed.
Well the saddest kind of nationalism , you will probs find is in chinese kingdom building manga like for example, for some reason sometimes in some of these manhua they just change their countries name to the han dynasty and everyone is somehow okay with that what the heck and obviously many more none the less in most of these chinese kingdom building manhuas there is too the dr.stone spice, which is boost the tecnological level of them.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, thats something that been bothering me with Isekai these days is the whole bringing things from our world into the fantasy world. That just makes the fantasy world lose its charm and will slowly but surely turn it into our world. Its losing its fantasy setting when you do that.
its not for everybody but i like it. its not completely changing it though, its molding two essential parts to make something new. the two pieces are still there but it will mold to something new given the advancements of our world and the supernatural bypassing what we would consider limitations like an elixir to prolong life to insane degrees and much more, super militaries, just different things fam. thats why i liked the anime Gate so much too.

Dex-chan lover
its not for everybody but i like it. its not completely changing it though, its molding two essential parts to make something new. the two pieces are still there but it will mold to something new given the advancements of our world and the supernatural bypassing what we would consider limitations like an elixir to prolong life to insane degrees and much more, super militaries, just different things fam. thats why i liked the anime Gate so much too.
Why not just make it a dam scifi then if you want technology mixed with superpowers. like 40k or something. Don't bring freaken Mechs and shit into the fantasy setting like smartphone isekai. Make it clear from the get go that dont intend to stick to a fantasy setting and just make it a scifi because thats clearly what the author wants.

Dex-chan lover
18m?
she should do cosplay as a real GUNDAM instead of that, whatever it is (average gundam height is 18m)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, thats something that been bothering me with Isekai these days is the whole bringing things from our world into the fantasy world. That just makes the fantasy world lose its charm and will slowly but surely turn it into our world. Its losing its fantasy setting when you do that
i get what your saying but your missing the point this is a mixing of cultures a give and take and unfortunatly for the fantasy the boons of ours outway theres.
of course this only happens because said person who's doing it is only using the successes of our worlds culture not our failings otherwise it would become more of a clash of cultures. (kinda like that manga with the dimensional door)
and while he could try to avoid adding too much of his own culture into this world why would he its not like hes ashamed of his home or hates his world.

Dex-chan lover
Why not just make it a dam scifi then if you want technology mixed with superpowers. like 40k or something. Don't bring freaken Mechs and shit into the fantasy setting like smartphone isekai. Make it clear from the get go that dont intend to stick to a fantasy setting and just make it a scifi because thats clearly what the author wants.
technically it would be both scifi and fantasy since it also has magic (one could argue so does 40k but eldritch bullshits always been the fence sitter of fantasy and scifi )

Dex-chan lover
i get what your saying but your missing the point this is a mixing of cultures a give and take and unfortunatly for the fantasy the boons of ours outway theres.
of course this only happens because said person who's doing it is only using the successes of our worlds culture not our failings otherwise it would become more of a clash of cultures. (kinda like that manga with the dimensional door)
and while he could try to avoid adding too much of his own culture into this world why would he its not like hes ashamed of his home or hates his world.
Good or bad, it still takes away the fantasy setting. I came here for the culture of knights, kings, and other medieval culture. Not our world.
technically it would be both scifi and fantasy since it also has magic (one could argue so does 40k but eldritch bullshits always been the fence sitter of fantasy and scifi )
At least with something like 40k you know what you are in for from the start. Yet with so many Isekai these days, it starts fantasy and then suddenly the MC is using a gun. At that point, the SWORDS AND SORCERY setting is shattered. Thus at this point, why hasnt an author done a Scifi Isekai. At least then you can excuse the technology and add in psychic powers on top.

Dex-chan lover
Good or bad, it still takes away the fantasy setting. I came here for the culture of knights, kings, and other medieval culture. Not our world.

At least with something like 40k you know what you are in for from the start. Yet with so many Isekai these days, it starts fantasy and then suddenly the MC is using a gun. At that point, the SWORDS AND SORCERY setting is shattered. Thus at this point, why hasnt an author done a Scifi Isekai. At least then you can excuse the technology and add in psychic powers on top.
i feel like you dont get the pull of magic tech which is a style of fantasy and cant really be called scifi since without magic none of it would work though this might go the path of some stories and we find out magic just an advanced science and the worlds essentially post apocalypse world kinda like that spider manga

Dex-chan lover
A Gun is not magic tech. It is our tech and it is tiring seeing a fantasy setting being ruined by it suddenly being brought in by the Isekia protagonist. Because at that point, the author shouldnt even have bothered with the fantasy setting and just set it in our world and say magic exists or go full scifi. Make it clear from the get-go you have no interest in actually creating a world of swords and sorcery.

Dex-chan lover
A Gun is not magic tech. It is our tech and it is tiring seeing a fantasy setting being ruined by it suddenly being brought in by the Isekia protagonist. Because at that point, the author shouldnt even have bothered with the fantasy setting and just set it in our world and say magic exists or go full scifi. Make it clear from the get-go you have no interest in actually creating a world of swords and sorcery.
by that logic swords are also our tech they should just use magic stick also nowadays guns have more and more been put into fantasy example warcraft 3 (also has mechs sorta and planes)
also new game coming out wizards with guns which mixes both guns and magic beautifully from the trailers (so heres hoping)
truth is your a purist and that's fine but you gotta realize that even magic worlds innovate just as we figured out how to make cannons so shall they if anything the fact alot of fantasy worlds are stuck stagnate is just not right

Dex-chan lover
by that logic swords are also our tech they should just use magic stick also nowadays guns have more and more been put into fantasy example warcraft 3 (also has mechs sorta and planes)
also new game coming out wizards with guns which mixes both guns and magic beautifully from the trailers (so heres hoping)
truth is your a purist and that's fine but you gotta realize that even magic worlds innovate just as we figured out how to make cannons so shall they if anything the fact alot of fantasy worlds are stuck stagnate is just not right
If a fantasy world wants to go with they have made the invention of the gun after some time has passed thats fine. But an Isekia protaganist brining it in and then more and more stuff from our world like cars is where its crosses the line for me. I can't say it enough, why even bother with it being a fantasy world if you are just going to bring all this tech with you.

Dex-chan lover
If a fantasy world wants to go with they have made the invention of the gun after some time has passed thats fine. But an Isekia protaganist brining it in and then more and more stuff from our world like cars is where its crosses the line for me. I can't say it enough, why even bother with it being a fantasy world if you are just going to bring all this tech with you.
its a different kind of power fantasy that can and has turned some often under appreciated knowledge into sticking point aswell as some time travel ones.
instead of giving them game breaking abilities like some do

Dex-chan lover
its a different kind of power fantasy that can and has turned some often under appreciated knowledge into sticking point aswell as some time travel ones.
instead of giving them game breaking abilities like some do
Use a dam scifi setting for once instead of fantasy if you want to use tech. They are different genres for a reason. People dont read fantasy for the modern day or even more out of place highly advanced technology like Mechs.

Dex-chan lover
Use a dam scifi setting for once instead of fantasy if you want to use tech. They are different genres for a reason. People dont read fantasy for the modern day or even more out of place highly advanced technology like Mechs.
i realise your really boring like i understand not liking it but straight up not understand why people would mix scifi with fantasy or modern day with fantasy just blows me away like even DnD has scifi in it because sometimes its fun to throw something new into the mix this is why games like FF 7 and shadowrun exist

Dex-chan lover
i realise your really boring like i understand not liking it but straight up not understand why people would mix scifi with fantasy or modern day with fantasy just blows me away like even DnD has scifi in it because sometimes its fun to throw something new into the mix this is why games like FF 7 and shadowrun exist
Then why not transport to such a world where that stuff already exists. Why does it have to be a fantasy setting every dam time. You aren't answering the question. you are avoiding it.

Dex-chan lover
Then why not transport to such a world where that stuff already exists. Why does it have to be a fantasy setting every dam time. You aren't answering the question. you are avoiding it.
it isnt a fantasy setting every time there are plenty of scifi isekais out there aswell as reverse isekais and everything else this one is fantasy because the auther wanted a fantasy world of his own creation then added isekai character and it went from there

Dex-chan lover
...You aren't answering the question. Why not use a setting where this stuff already exists instead of starting with fantasy which gives the impression this will be swords and sorcery only for tech to suddenly crash right in.

Dex-chan lover
...You aren't answering the question. Why not use a setting where this stuff already exists instead of starting with fantasy which gives the impression this will be swords and sorcery only for tech to suddenly crash right in.
From what I've read about the latest chapters in the novel, the planet is one in space and two powerful AIs are teraforming the planet for space colonization. Not sure how they made magic happen, but this the basis of the World. And the demon lord is one of the AIs but is malfunctioning.

Dex-chan lover
From what I've read about the latest chapters in the novel, the planet is one in space and two powerful AIs are teraforming the planet for space colonization. Not sure how they made magic happen, but this the basis of the World. And the demon lord is one of the AIs but is malfunctioning.
...WTF. That sounds utterly insane. Like how does that even work and were there even hints of this or was this some crazy twist from out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread