Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 10 Ch. 52 - Among the Snow (2)

Dex-chan lover
Knowing what would happen in the future doesn't guarantee that things will happen exactly the same. Since you have the knowledge, it could affect how you react to events that lead to the previous future which would then change the future in this current timeline.
Of course. But you will have even less control over things if you remove yourself from the timeline entirely, and risk things far more if you take what used to be your targets biggest ally and remove them.
The shock stuff only applies to first moments after receiving the intel. Soon after he could easily realize it's better to help mc directly. Besides, the whole "make mc king" plot was something he hatched before sending the memories, so it wasn't an "in the moment" decision.

He doesn't have to deal with the nobles instantly. He could have easily let them start being belligerent, and then use that as an excuse. Or pretty much anything. The point is that he would have far more options and control if he remained king (including making mc king later on), or at least remained by mc's side after giving him the throne. Could have even left the nobles alone, or fabricated evidence (or used real evidence), or whatever.
Remember, this is something of an average king, he may be wise, but he lacks the intellect to make his kingdom great in the first place.
And that is exactly a great point for not making up his plan to take effect instantly on return, without consulting anyone (if needed, could push the return further back to before the summoning, to have more time to consult ppl). He could have even asked mc himself, if he gave it some time. Or the dead general.
Why would he need to instantly purge them? He could delay it etc., or he could not do it at all, etc. But if you think the best option was to purge them instantly, then I would say the best option would probably be something like framing them (or use evidence you know of from being a time traveler, if you know any).
As for the 3 dukes, supposedly some of them would believe his story about his wife's power (maybe even prove it somehow, like using it again). Or he could simply let them know about the reality of their crimes already committed - the nobles were all ones who had done enough crimes to get executed either way (which was what mc found evidence of and why they rebelled), so would not be hard to justify mobilizing the dukes.

Hell, he could even use the exact same plan he did, even if he didn't force mc to be king. Or if he helped mc by not holing himself up and rejecting all audiences by his [new] lord. And worst comes to worst, abdicating after being denounced as a form of taking responsibility, handing over the throne to his daughter, is still an option.

Or pretty much any option would've been better than forcing a risky war on an unwilling, new, inexperienced and untrusted king. Mc luckily won each war somehow, but from the timeline king knew of, he had no idea about mc's prowess in war.
As for telling mc the future, it depends on how much he trusts mc's capabilities- if he thinks mc would do a better job as king blind than him with future knowledge, he would surely think mc would do an even better job with said knowledge.
Overall you seem to be making a whole lot of wild assumptions regarding how various things would work out, like I don't follow how king would know that the restoration would be doomed and ignored by mc, if mc knew there were a civil war coming soon.
He could have remained a 'normal' king, and still had mc handle things. Even full authority could be given without handing over throne and leaving him to drown.
George's plan was still not very good, as all it did was give the traitors a fighting chance in a war mc almost ended up losing if not for being much better at war than king expected.

King couldn't have known about any of the ppl souma gathered, would be a risky move to expect them. And souma had little need to grow as a person, particularly as king couldn't know whether he actually would or not. Actually being taught kingcraft akin to some sort of apprenticeship would likely have had him grow way faster. And far less risky.

Dex-chan lover
He could have remained a 'normal' king, and still had mc handle things. Even full authority could be given without handing over throne and leaving him to drown.
George's plan was still not very good, as all it did was give the traitors a fighting chance in a war mc almost ended up losing if not for being much better at war than king expected.

Him remaining king was literally what happened in the previous loop, and that WAS why Souma's plans kept getting blocked. Making Souma Prime Minister was already close to being king but that wasn't enough.

Him decisively leaving the public scene was to make sure no nobles can try to make use of him whether directly or not.

Georg plan was questionable, but again that's GEORG'S PLAN, not the king's.

And souma had little need to grow as a person, particularly as king couldn't know whether he actually would or not.

Yes he did, do you really think Souma right after being summoned would have the same determination he has right now?
And the king did know, THAT'S THE POINT OF THE PREVIOUS LOOP, he came to realize that him trying to follow your idea of 'remaining a normal king' was what fucked Souma over.
Actually being taught kingcraft akin to some sort of apprenticeship would likely have had him grow way faster. And far less risky.

Except you're missing the key fact that Souma's ideas are not following 'standard', him being taught 'kingcraft' would just ironically hampers his imagination.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all typing walls from this reveal when I'm here thinking:

[O damn, this momma queen sucked a lotta dick to finally found this useless king. Must've been wild to keep sending memories to her past self about sucking those dicks while searching the best possible king for the kingdom. Pretty hardcore if you ask me.]

I am a degen, we are not the same.

5o32tt.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I thought this back in the novel, and I still think this here: The whole "make mc a king, then suddenly avoid him like the plague, while conspiring to make his best ally a pariah to the state for some cheap shot at purging nobles I already know the name of" thing feels utterly stupid. With all that future knowledge he could have easily handled things differently enough to handle things adequately, and even if he makes mc king for his own conscience (what? why? mc clearly doesn't want to be king and he should have known that) he could have offered his utmost support from the get-go to have things end much differently and better. For starters, telling mc about everything from the start would have made a lot of sense.
I think her power is not unlimited, she is still working with incomplete knowledge. Somehow this path just happened to be the best one out of the bunch. Also this happened probably because author made this AFTER the first chapter was done. Imo he did weave this story in quite nicely, because it involves almost every elements that matters. So in the end, i still like how its presented, with flaws and all.

Group Leader
I just want to add something from the novel.

The queen did choose her husband because of his mediocrity, but at first even she is unsure whether that's the right choice.

She observe him and saw Albert have a good relationship with Georg (war hero and normal noble) and out of all her possible husband, only Albert, in the future and the present time she is observing him, that always cared for her and see her beyond the royal family and possible heir (she is pretty down the list of possible heir because the king at that time have A LOT of descendant, but all died beside her, thanks to her power to see bad future).

She eventually fall in love for him for real.
Oh yeah, his hairstyle and fashion is coordinated by her to emulate "the average king". Because she need the King to be someone so very different from the image of previous royal family, so the kingdom people could heal and regain the trust to the crown.

The Kingdom gain stability, and it said if the situation of the world is not dire (demon invasion), the Kingdom would have just suffer a little bit economicaly, but will still going normally.

Dex-chan lover
Even as i read the novel i also thought: The MC might have been summoned as the Hero, but the true MVP that saved everyone was the Queen with her powers to send memories to the past.
What chapter does this leave off in the novel?

Dex-chan lover
"And don't say it's because he's the King that he should have a harem. You see that the previous King didn't have one so it's not like it's required."

because the king wasnt the king at first but the housband of the queen,
chapter 7 page 26/27"but dosen't the king albert only have one queen? "mother was the one who actually held power blablabla so he couldnt do anything that upset her"
Oh, you're right. I forgot about that detail.

Nevertheless, it still doesn't make me any more partial to harem shenanigans even if it's more grounded than usual.

Dex-chan lover
A little summary/spoiler of the other world event:

Queen Elishia get her memories back during her teen. Feed up that she always die while unhappy, decide to renounce her claim to the throne and marry a man who always try to protect her in every lives she had, Albert the average king. They live at Albert mansion and Elishia finally have a child due to stress free live she have with Albert.

Few years later all the throne heirs manage to kill each other and Elishia is the only 1 that can claim the throne. She reject it but been remind that some extremist will come for her family. She have no choice to take it but want Albert be the king as a mediocre king give no one a chance to dethrone him (he is neither bad or good but enough to bring stability that the country really need right then).

Fast forward to the time she use her magic and waiting her demise with Albert. She said that even if she rewind time, she will still choose this ending together with Albert and assure him that with Liscia beside Souma, Souma will be succeed to change their fate.

After that, they hear a beast landing on castle and see Souma and Liscia running toward them. They are here to save them with a dragon that Souma have. After that they been inform that the 2 duke actually under Souma, and people that Souma met in 2nd world already met him in 1st world after Randel fell. Their army where ready to counter attack at Duchess Walter city.

The queen where delight that her choice to marry her love one is the right one for the country after all.

MD@Home
I thought this back in the novel, and I still think this here: The whole "make mc a king, then suddenly avoid him like the plague, while conspiring to make his best ally a pariah to the state for some cheap shot at purging nobles I already know the name of" thing feels utterly stupid. With all that future knowledge he could have easily handled things differently enough to handle things adequately, and even if he makes mc king for his own conscience (what? why? mc clearly doesn't want to be king and he should have known that) he could have offered his utmost support from the get-go to have things end much differently and better. For starters, telling mc about everything from the start would have made a lot of sense.
This feels like an "author's saving throw". He realized that the way he started the plot had way too many holes in it for the supposed "realist" theme of the story, so he thought of a way to correct it. I applaud the effort, honestly. It's not perfect, but makes at least some amount of sense.

Dex-chan lover
while tellling souma early about the future memories might make sense, it also undermine what Souma should/could possibly do. After all in this case, everything that Souma did until now how to handle all the problem was still his own ideas/effort except the engagement part. So even if theres knowledge of future, it doesnt udnermine his achievement since he doesnt know the "known future", which stops at this point either way.

Dex-chan lover
The queen sent a D-mail using the Phone Microwave.

Also, FINALLY, you're getting married.

Users who are viewing this thread