Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - A Prologue After The War

Dex-chan lover
Just don't tell me empress is potential love interest. Because it would not make nick of sense.

Im confused... Was there a tl error? Or was the novel's tl wrong?
The emotion and logic role is reversed here.

Fed-Kun's army
@Dritch124 It is neither of them, it is just the knight opinion, which is obviously wrong because we know how Mc behave and that is far from being emotional.

Dex-chan lover
He's emotional and she is logical?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

@MesaOracle

It's bad wording honestly. Souma is pragmatic, Maria is idealistic is a better way to word it. Both of them are great rulers because they are able to use their strengths to rule. Maria is a charismatic and super idolized Empress who has the loyalty of her people while Souma is able to maximize his kingdom to be as effective in a positive manner as possible.

Both of them are very wise rulers and even with Souma as the MC he doesn't have some amazing advantage over her apart from bringing in knowledge from this world which the empire is quick to adopt and implement themselves once they figure it out.

Dex-chan lover
A whole lot of exposition that flew right over my head because I can’t remember the other countries for the life of me

Dex-chan lover
Just re-cracked open the official LN....

Quote:

"Maria acted according to logic, while Souma acted according to his feelings."

BUT this is the personal opinion of Jeanne, who has never actually met Souma yet. At this point the Empire has nothing but reports from other people on the other side of the continent to tell them anything about Souma (and they are under the impression he is mad at them after all), and that big speech he gave when they went on the offensive could be interpreted as an 'emotional' response.

The translation isn't wrong.... the character speaking is.

@broadsword80
It gets better!

While Souma is setting the stage for the Kingdom to take Van (and JUST Van), Roroa is orchestrating her own power play.

At the same time the Kingdom's troops were marching back to reclaim Van (they didn't go all the way home since Souma planned to keep the city in the end, after all) EVERY other city/territory of the Principality, at the same time (except the one Julius was suppressing) also had some sort of uprising or succession from the Principality and requested the Kingdom Annex them.

Yep. While Souma only wanted Van because anything more would be too much of a headache and pain to deal with right now on top of all of his other reforms and plans, Roroa was like "Nah Darlin, you're taking the whole country!"

Empress Maria was not happy about all this and kinda felt betrayed (The Kingdom and Empire became Secret Best Friends right before this), but softened when Souma explained he never intended to on taking the whole contry and expressed his fustration over now having a second country to rebuild.

I need a summary, cause I forgot everything that happened before.
What’s the main difference between the light novel and and the manga? As I think I’m gonna do a re-read but which ones better?

This is one of my favorite isekai, but I think you got things reversed. Souma is the realist and therefore works with what is logically the best for his people. Maria is the idealist and works what she FEELS is right. The Humanity Declaration is what she BELIEVES will unite the other kingdoms while Souma already sees the pitfall of that.
Humanity often comes up with ideas based on emotion rather than logic. Though it may SOUND good on paper, it rarely works in practice. Prohibition, the Helsinki Accords, defunding the police, etc. You have to look at it from all sides. And sometimes you have to make the hard decisions, just as Souma must do at times.

Users who are viewing this thread