Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Project Lorelai (2)

Dex-chan lover
@wpaek wow it’s as if people don’t change I bet germans still gas Jews or something kinda hypocritical for germany to have Jewish churches in the country ngl with what they did with them.

It's ironic a Japanese manga expects to know about freedom when they did exactly the genocide of chinese and korean people during the Japanese occupation for speaking their own language, culture or tradition.
@wpaek "They", who?
Japanese soldiers in the occupation times? Sure. Officials allowing them to do so? Sure.
The author? Most certainly not, even if he's also Japanese. (Odds are he wasn't even born in those times.)

That's something people often don't realize - that their generalizations like "the Japanese", "the Russians", "the Americans", "the Germans" etc. are nothing but generalizations. And there's no hypocrisy when you defend values other people don't, even if those other people happen to be from the same country as you.

And it isn't ironic either. Individuals learn with shit other individuals have been done in the past; that's it.

@starburst98

I know it is a distraction, you know it is a distraction ... but I also bet you that we will get a montage about how the conquered land is being developed and how the locals are being treated fairly and the author will give us another issue for our isekai king to fix. That is NOT how stuff would go IRL.

@icantnotthink

No it does not asume nothing about any narrative. It is a fact that no one denies ( not even our isekai king ) the conquered ones of today were expelled from their homeland and that they long to get back ... hell, it is in their national anthem and all :p .Sure, some, maybe even most, might not buy in the agressive politics of the recently deceased king, but it was stated very clearly in previous chapters that the populace is as much resentful about where they were exiled to as him and how their ancestral lands are much better than the snowy mountains they are in. And, in our world atleast, those grudges can last centuries, millenia even ... I don't want to drop names because some will inevitably get offended, but just go to Wikipedia and see how people simply do not forget when they were forced from their lands.

Sure, a show of goodwill and some distractions will dampen the initial blow, but IMHO the only real solution for this situation ( that is much worse than simply a bad neighbouring between countries, where lenient treatment would probably be enough to quell most of the issue ) would be simply letting those of them that desire to get back to their ancestral lands to do so. Otherwise realistically they would rebel as soon as the heads cool down and they realize they are still as exiled in the mountains as they were before and now, the guys that exiled them in the first place are actually rulling them.

Anyway, I doubt we will get more than a rebuilding montage and everyone getting more or less along, since the next foe to be is already lined up. No time to lose with serious social and political issues, I guess ...

finally got to see how margarita looks like

cant wait to see when she had to deals with roroa's antique

Thanks for the chapter!
Btw, what Carla means by her and the princess not putting more of a burden on him is accepting her execution for treason without pushing him to pardon or lighten the sentence. Since she attacked the kingdom's ship and tried to kill him of her own will it would cause problems down the road if she only got a slap on the wrist. Partly because others might feel that because they are them then if they commit treason as well they can just beg for forgiveness and get a light sentence as well. Especially as she and her father took all the blame for their troops. Also, by executing her it would show he doesn't play favorites and is willing to do what needs to be done even if doesn't like it. However, I'm pretty sure he's already come up with an idea on how to punish her and her father in a way that would be acceptable without killing them and making use of their talents. Likely they'll be collared slaves and Carla will be the princess' bodyguard. Although could be wrong and they'll be executed but hope I'm right.
Looks like he's ensnared Margarita into joining the local singing group. Although seems Roroa is planning to marry MC by force considering her wry smile and comment about taking responsibility. After all, he takes care of people unlike her father and brother who squandered every cent they could on the military while telling themselves it's for the people's desire when it was their own. Has a strong case to push him as she's a member of the royal family which would strengthen his claim of ruling Van, has a bunch of experienced officials with knowledge about various areas of the country, and unlike her family has a very smart mind.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks, @Titanfan548 for saying they fixed it. IIRC they didn't fix it 2 days ago when I checked. It might have been done these few days or I might have missed it. I'm glad they actually came back to fix it than to continue to let the shit version remain. Unlike "Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!" where I'm not even sure they went back to fix or not since they didn't fix some chapters for years until I gave up waiting.

Dex-chan lover
In the prison scene panels, the characters totally look like they are clipping through the bars. Especially on page 17, where the feet have the bars in front but the bodies don't. Looks like they are leaning way over and through.

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
I'm not sure that bit about Amidonian being displaced is entirely true. Oh, it is for the nobles, but the commoners? They may have been left in place by the conquering Elfriedonian king. After all, someone has to cultivate those fields.

@AlmondMagnum

Maybe ... or maybe not. But the issue is that the people think that they are a forcefully exiled people and they think that way for centuries ( according with the manga ) and that fact alone will ensure that it will take far more than some bread and circuses to tackle the situation, regardless of how thruthful that belief is.

@Rickymex

He attacked them. Carl and Carla didn't attack him, they just refused to back him with the troops they commanded. Then he attacked them in response and they defended themselves. As I pointed out he came out of no where and within minutes was named king. They had every right to be suspicious of him.

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
Oh, they were still screwed over by Elfrieden taking Amidonia's bread basket. I'm just saying there may not have been a big population displacement.

@HOOfan_1
Whatever their reasons, it was still mutiny. It wasn't just some personal retainers they refused to send to help Souma - it was the nation's air force. Besides, it'd be disingenuous to claim they were trying to stay neutral.

@AlmondMagnum

Sure, there might not have been a real mass displacement ( or there might ... pre modern populations were normally small enough to make total population displacement more common than we would like to believe ... or worse , total genocide of a population was also not unheard of ,especially when the population in question would prove dificult to deal with or when was a deep grudge ), but in the end, the perception that both sides of the issue have is that the Amidonians as a people were pushed out of their homelands to the mountains by Elfrieden. No one in the story disputes that perception ( truthful or not ) , and that perception is the one that would realistically drive what would happen next ...

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1
Well he did what had to be done he couldnt risk one of the mayor factions of the Army, the Air Force, to fall him in the back while fighting the biggest part of the Military and facing an Outside Force. Its a Risk that he couldnt take, one error and his whole plan would have failed. And they didnt just not wanted to help they wanted to side with the Rebels. He is their King they where disloyal, end of the Story they where wrong.

all that freedom talk
this chapter is bound to be banned/heavily censored in Xina and Murica

Although Souma is emotional based, he has realistic mind. Opposite from Gran Chaos' Queen who is logical but idealistic mind.

@LokiAsengott my problem is less with the fact that he attacked them, and more with the fact that even after they show loyalty to him and even save his life, he still doesn't really forgive them.

It wasn't as if their "rebellion" was only for their own good (Carl and Carla), they thought Souma was a usurper and were being loyal to Liscia and her father, thinking Souma had put some sort of spell on them.

Users who are viewing this thread