Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki

Double-page supporter
I've just started reading this, and am only at chapter 8, but how is this MC so fucking knowledgeable and capable of so many things? He is literally the "perfect" character who is able to do everything. What the fuck is his backstory to be capable of everything? As much as I want to like this manga, it seems kind of half-assed on how this MC literally can do anything, is knowledgeable on everything, and knows what to do every single time. And to add onto that, such an MC makes it boring, he becomes bland as a character because perfect characters are boring.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter blatant self-insert 0 personality overly competent mc for japanese highschooler losers to read and feel better about themselves.

cool art, but such a waste. funny thing is author has no clue how anything works either so he just makes everyone completely braindead to make the mc look smart.

apparently royalty has no idea how corruption could possibly be a thing and cannot do simple budget calculations! but here's your fresh out of highschool mc that straight up kills it. yes sir! every japanese college guy can apparently lead kingdoms and shit. and if you ever run out of irrelevant shit to make the mc look good with, just make him randomly quote machiavelli. ez.

fucking hilarious

Double-page supporter
@nigerianprophet I'm with you, I started this thinking it must be decent if it has 8 stars ... I think people just liked it because of the tits and harem.
@assman162 yea exactly. What kind of fucking young, Japanese kids is somehow able to outsmart literally the smartest people in the kingdom? As if all these supposed professionals at their top are all idiots who couldn't even think of simple solutions, literally makes everyone brain dead. The art is truly wasted here on a very shitty plot and story building. Author is an idiot, the only reason this manga got decent ratings imo is because of the art (and by art I mean attractive women with big tiddies), with the harem tag.

This is a manga that could have been much better, but fails due to the author's shortcomings as a story teller/builder. More realistically speaking, this manga deserves a 7.0 star at best story wise.

"Realist"
Last time I've heard that word, the "realist" protagonist has a op ability and doesn't use it. Yes, very "real"

it's an interesting read, but I'm not a fan of Kazuya knowing how to do all that stuff. not the most realistic thing for me.

Sometimes, i just wonder what people think the word "fiction story" mean. I understand that the mc is way to "perfect" but seriously, is that really important? Is it really necessary to point that out?
Let's be honest, if all isekai mc were all based on reality, there would be no stories at all. All stories depends on everyone's imagination, you guys talking about their intellegence, but have you ever think of how everything was invented, we knows because someone learnt it, invented it, and share it to others till it eventually reach every one of us. In a world of sword and magic where demon also invading it, would people really learn and care about the unknown term of science and technology? Their natural instinct was obviously to survive against all of this. This is what i meant by UNNECESSARY, if you want to know what and how the people think and maybe how the mc knows all of this, the story would never come around and continue! There would be always a loophole if you are so stubborn in this unnecessary way of thinking.
I know "It'S JuSt OpInIoN" but like... Come on... We know there is no such thing as perfect, and criticizing is fine, but seriously.... *sigh*

Dex-chan lover
"I understand that the mc is way to "perfect" but seriously, is that really important?"
YES
Especially since he's a 'realist', it set expectations. Would a 'realist' encourage people to eat fucking bugs and get away with it? Even in this day and age any news article that encourages bug eating gets trashed on, people up to the 1800s used to riot over not having enough flour for white bread even suggesting to subsitue it with other grain flour was considered an insult, it's part of the reason why the french revolution happened, so why the hell would the mc get away with it? The premise of him being a 'realist' shatters beyond belief when he uses comes up with the pop idol show as 'bread and circus' to pacify the kingdom he conquered from rebelling. If he's not being realistic then what's the point of this gimmick? The harem? You might as well read one that has a better focus on that instead, or just look for hentai doujins of harem isekais, unless your happy with harem with a bland spinless protagonist bit.

Venting aside I've found the isekais that focus on the mc's previous profession that isn't tied to a 'cheat skill' or blacksmithing (probably because no one understands how blacksmithing works) to be more not desperately wanting to make a shitty game but can't even make a shitty rpg maker game 'grounded', like the chef/resutrant/food ones, if you can tolerate people orgasming after every new dish is served, but that part of the package of cooking mangas in general.

I have mixed feeling with this, i actually dont mind the harem even tho idont really like it, but i just dont like how things work here, everything is just so perfect. We dont get any background from mc so everything feels weird and stiff. I cant like mc at all, he's like a soulless puppet.
How mc solves everything really fast is bugging me, i dont know why since im not an expert in kingdom building as well. I dont like how people react to mc, one command and everything go smooth as if other people already smart and competent but they also feels dumbass at the same time. Weird

Dex-chan lover
@kah0922

You got me hyped up,
more dragon waifus
:>

@Thoriqsan

The reason why you see less praise and more complaints in the comment section regardless of the high ratings are because people who actually liked reading stories don't bother enough to become critics swallowed by their perfectionist ideals, they can't enjoy anything and only end up stressing themselves and blaming other people for liking and enjoying things. They can't seem to get hold that this is a work of fiction and that most, if not all manga are fictitious and convince themselves that they could make a "better narrative" while throwing hollow insults to the author, the work and other people who honestly doesn't give a fuck.

Dex-chan lover
@Winchan

It's obvious you're not one of the ones who don't give fuck since you're complaining about critics, you give a fuck. And that you don't know or don't want to know why people don't like it. You're just here for the waifus, I can't blame you there with the pretty artstyle. "this is a work of fiction and that most, if not all manga are fictitious" And water is wet, what's your point, to stop criticizing it? Just because something is piece of fiction doesn't mean it could be a better work of fiction. For example the godfather(part 1&2) movies are a bit better than the book and one of reasons of that is because it cuts out some bridesmaid with roast beef fucking her big dick abortion doctor bf for no real reason.

Dex-chan lover
@MedNed

Yes, I commented which means I do give a fuck. And I know why people don't like it, I for one do not regard the story more than average in itself, but I do enjoy reading
and of course I'm here for the waifus, I'm not bothered with why or what is happening since it truly doesn't really make sense
, what I'm trying to emphasize (as obviously from the format of the comment) are the people who bother enough to include readers in an argument, and some arguments that is not even vaguely comprehensive as a critic to the story but rather just a venting of frustration on the comment sections, as with my opinion against such critics.

Of course it can be better, but there's no satisfying everyone, time and time again people will just drop inconclusive criticism (and some irritating fuckers that go and blame readers for reading something)

@Winchan

YES!!! EXACTLY!!! There are difference between a CRITICISM and a COMPLAINT. And i would like to ask to all of you people what are the them of these stories?

Of course (for me at least) it's about World Conquest, Civilization, and World Development.

And now, Harem... Is it YOUR problem that there are people that like them, and i said LIKE! Why do you assume that those people came to a War of Conquest, Civilization, and World Development based stories to find waifus and not a single bit interested and care about the stories. It's just a goddamn relationship! Is it really a weird term, unknown to you guys that there are such thing as relationship in LIFE! It's just a fan-service for those that enjoy them.

Like you said, "if you guys are only looking for waifus, then go to other manga" then if you're here only for the isekai adventure, and action with a realist mc then go to other manga.

And have you guys even consider taking the world in other perspective? For example the normal civilian, they live in a dangerous world where danger could appear out of nowhere and whenever. You guys tried to make a living like everyone in the world does since there are no such things as variety of jobs since there are no such things called "TECHNOLOGY" or even the world called "SCIENCE" or maybe just they word "MICROORGANISM" could confuse everyone. But what do they have a land, a plant, a tool, a product. They done everything they can, but it just never work out the way it's meant to be. But then suddenly, the king summon a hero from another world who gave reservation on everything they had problems in. First, they are uncertain because he's from another world, but then suddenly the king gave him kingship and order everyone working to do his order. And after that absurd random order been done, things became better than ever. THEESE MY FRIEND IS WHAT YOU CALLED HOPE AND TRUST! THEY WERE DESPERATE ALREADY! SOME WERE FORCE TO SEE THEIR FAMILY MEMBER SUFFER FROM POVERTY AND/EVEN KILLING EACH OTHER! JUST TO SURVIVE THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS!

And lastly, you guys still commented on the background of mc but do you do the same to some stupid Slice of Life manga that have those kinds of things happening?!?!

Dex-chan lover
@Winchan

Thank you for being honest, I know that may seem dumb but generally people just pussyfoot things like that so it feels like a breath of fresh air.

and some irritating fuckers that go and blame readers for reading something

To attempt to explain why this happens and will to continue to happen allow me to introduce you mr.x. Mr.x likes to complain about 'things mr.x doesn't like'. Mr.x knows 'things mr.x doesn't like' don't exist in a vacuum, in order to keep existing people must like and support the 'things mr.x doesn't like'. If the support for 'things mr.x doesn't like' dies off so does 'things mr.x doesn't like' as well. "Isn't this just childish and petty since if 'things mr.x doesn't like' was stopped it wouldn't be replaced by a 'thing mr.x does like'? Surely it would be better for mr.x to ignore 'things mr.x doesn't like', and focus on 'things mr.x does like' instead?" Well...yes. Mr.x does do that from time to time, BUT Mr.x knows that not getting hit in the balls is good thing in itself even if you don't get a free ice cream or BJ. There's also the fact that sometimes the fact creators of a 'thing mr.x does like' can like put in 'things mr.x doesn't like' into it. Mr.x can put up with one or maybe few 'things mr.x doesn't like' in 'things mr.x does like' but at a point too much of that can turning a 'thing mr.x does like' into 'things mr.x doesn't like'. Which is even worse than a 'thing mr.x doesn't like' existing since the 'thing mr.x does like' was destroyed and replaced by a 'thing mr.x doesn't like'. I'm not going to elaborate further or address the flaws of this mindset right now, which I am aware of, because I think this explanation is already too wordy and convoluted. Still I hope you understand at least some of it.

@Thoriqsan

There are difference between a CRITICISM and a COMPLAINT
Complaints are only a statement "this thing is bad".
Criticism is just "this is bad and here's my explanation why by using my knowledge, ideally in this field"
Constructive criticism is "this is bad and here's my explanation why by using my knowledge ideally in this field"and "here's I how/suggest you should do it instead (maybe with a why as well)"
You can be nice or incredibly hostile regardless whether you just complain or do constructive criticism.

Of course (for me at least) it's about World Conquest, Civilization, and World Development.
Same for me but it's rather overrated one, which I suspect people only like is because of the aesthetics(pretty artstyle), waifus and harem. Which winchan has confirmed that suspicion for me.

And now, Harem... Is it YOUR problem that there are people that like them

YES.nordic_gamer.jpeg
It's just how harems are executed 9 of 10 in anime, manga, LNs, and this harem is no exception. It's just treated as a 'boy meets girl' romance but * as many girls in the harem and the male MC has to be the one that does the rejecting in a "well they, won't they" situation instead of female MC as long as possible, while in a single 'boy meets girl' rejecting the male MC risks making the female MC come across as 'bitchy' if done consistently aggressively, a male MC typically does the rejecting to many girls passively and thus comes across the male MC being 'spineless'. That 'spineless' hurts the suspension of disbelief of how the MC got that harem in the first place or even his other actions as well because he comes of as cowardly. You know like shinji in Eva, but with no artistic intention, even with that intention shinji is still rather aggravating to some viewers.

And have you guys even consider taking the world in other perspective?
I am, and im just saying if I was in a peasant shoes I think pretender king MC should do a lot more to convince about thes 'tek-no-low-gee', 'mik-ro-organs' exist as well, and I would call to put the MC's head on a pike telling us to eat fucking bugs. The bug eatting is pretty close if not worse than 'let them eat cake' level of bullshit. For a 'realist' he's being rather idealistic rather than pragmatic, a 'smart' idealist but an idealist nonetheless.

And lastly, you guys still commented on the background of mc but do you do the same to some stupid Slice of Life manga that have those kinds of things happening?!?!
I have done so before, I just haven't done it on this site yet. It just depends on the premise and execution of it.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly other than the boobs, I wouldn't be reading this boring ass isekai story.

Users who are viewing this thread