Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki

For those wondering about parts of the story, i would recommend picking up the LNs to read. As likemost adaptations, they probably butchered the plot a bit when making the manga

Let be "real" here. At age 18-19 no way you can manage your own distrik, let alone kingdom territory.

This is probably one of the worst stories I've ever read. It's like an edgy teen from a high school debate team said retarded nonsense and the entire universe's logic twisted just to make him right.

Of all the retarded stuff I just read, up to chapter 6 (the high-res rips are up o the goddess from danke-empire or someone), one thing stood out: rice; "Rice doesn't deplete the soil." The only energy-granting thing that doesn't deplete the soil is alcohol (biofuel), but even the stupid Brazillians can't do that right (and we funded the idiots by the way). Ignoring traditional Japan /not/ relying on rice (it is only in the latter part of the past century that rice came to literally dominate the median Jap's carbohydrate intake), it's a diverse crop. It doesn't always need paddies depending on type. But, most importantly, /all/ modern agricultures deplete the soil no matter what they do with only the following exceptions:
1. They obtain fresh soil or loam regularly from volcanos or volcanic soil. I'm talking annual rains covering you in mud up to your waist.
2. You live around a unique almost-eutrophic-but-not-quite lake, or you live near a river system like the Nile.
3. You live in the fucking Amazon, lucky you, no other tropical rainforest counts, thank the dead Indians.
4. You mix your shit back into your soil using whatever technique is appropriate (mulching, whatever), otherwise the phosphorus for example that goes from soil to grass to goat to person to excretion isn't replenished.

If we ignore the Amazonians, 99% of every civilized culture that did self-sustainable agriculture did number 4. It doesn't take a genius. In fact, your people become literally retarded if you don't do number 4 -- mineral starvation sets in and the epigenetic consequences accumulate in turn literally shrinking your cranium by an alarming amount over just a few generations (long beforehand, of course, your cows start going blind, so you get plenty of warning and have to be pretty retarded to keep the course, by which point you really are asking for it and your culture basically deserves being slaughtered by barbarians for denuding mother earth in the most retarded manner possible). Two nicely documented examples are, for one, skeletons from the hunter-gatherer period of Korea (fit, strong, smart) to the medeival-equivalent era of Korea (skulls looks like you could snap them in two), and, for another, the Pueblo Indians who kept farming the same place over and over again for 1000 years, each successive generation politely lining up their dead in order of their civilizations gradual degeneration. Early modern Europe had very few examples of doing it right, typically restricted to isolated valleys in Switzerland for example. In short, self-sufficiency clashes with defending yourself from invaders, so every expansionist culture suffered agriculturally long before the hordes of barbarians eventually wrecked them and built kickass Gothic cathedrals.

ARRRRGH this story makes me soooooo angry, it's like someone learned everything from the TV news, tried it in the real world and had a god manipulating everything in the background so they would never learn from their fuck-ups. I admit I might not be 100% right on the mark with what I just wrote, but what, does this moron author think yrace elements in a flat plain magically materialize out of thin air? That shit gets exhausted by humans who don't replenish it until Nature does so slowly over tens of thousands of years. Fuuuuuuuck it's shit like this that makes fucking retards think it's completely natural for ALL of the topsoil to disappear and only the avocado cartels soil-destroying hill-planted avocado plant can save the day by wrecking the topsoil EVEN FASTER fuuuuuuuck I'm so fucking angry....

4/10 I'm still reading it for the art.

As an aside, earlier comments mentioned cotton production on the gold coast. A tangentially related tidbit is peanut production near the Africa Sahel desert (now it IS the desert thanks to stupidity by global finance so fantastic that I think they deserve a public execution by slow crushing suffocation by sea lion). I cannot recall if this books discusses Nigerian wheat or Sahellian peanuts, but go look up "Seeds of Famine." In sort, the folks at the various global finance clubs are always wrong, but they propagandize well enough that retards vote their patrons into power perpetually, and the poor fuckers in the 3rd world "benefit," and folks like this manga's author are basically regurgitating inane propaganda, that is to say this manga is a fan-fiction of a few diamonds of truth mixed with a metric ton of economics bullshit.

Yes, many manga have retarded objectively low quality dialogue that seems it’s written by a child, or portray ethically reprehensible deeds in a positive light, or hooks the reader using completely empty promises of future plot progression. This is the unfortunate reality.

—-

Reading this manga was an infuriating experience. It does remind me of reading propaganda. Author clearly shows no understanding of reality. This manga basically feels like the imaginary fantasy of a somewhat edgy teenager.

Jesus, people analyzing this manga/novel like its supposed to be a literary masterpiece. Its probably written for Young adults in JAPAN not for us in the western world who are reading this free here in mangadex or wherever you can find translated wn version of this. I dont expect the author to have any good understanding of Anything other than them trying to write a fun story they thought of. Like i bet the author is noT researching any aspect of the story, politics, economics and what not in an in-depth way that makes a lot of sense. Like the author read somewhere about the Crop rotation back in a history clas or something. Author is probably just as surprised as how you are annoyed at this that his or her story garnered such interest it got translated to english and you expect the story to be 100% nuanced and please our literary expectation? Sheesh i mean you should have expected a shit show tHe moment he asked for the kingdoms expences. Like son u r like 17 no way u gonna fix a failing country. Throw a 17 year old back in the Renaissance or bronze age and kid will mostlikely just die.

So take the story with a grain of salt and chill. Coz mostlikely this story is actually being written by an angsty teen who read some classics or likes history. Try not to get so angry about this and relax and try to have fun at this hella weird take on isekai and story and laugh at how stupid this is going

This manga is underrated... well, isn't a masterpiece, but it's above average. Worth for me until now (chapter 24).

I love this manga. Wish it would be translated a bit faster. :p I appreciate any updates though.

This is a good manga when you shut your brain and just go with the flow

Also a certain girl looks much much much better with her hair cut

Double-page supporter
Eh, not feeling it. Juvenile, simplistic, propagandistic, not believable. Which is Not Good for something of this premise.

It's okay to be juvenile if your story is about a guy in black coat with his black sword going around winning the hearts of young maidens and 900 years old loli dragons. Stories about state-building need to be much more nuanced to be believable. And this...is not.

Aggregator gang
I just found out recently the mangaka who drew this are drawing doujin too.
Even though not much and some of his/her work are not translated. 😂

You can thanks me later. 😏 Here's the name
Kihiru, btw you can find 'Souma' before got isekai'd in one of his/her works. Pfftt 😂

Dex-chan lover
Animated https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-16/how-a-realist-hero-rebuilt-the-kingdom-light-novels-get-tv-anime/.158683

Dex-chan lover
@Levioly: Don't go by the skin color of the characters on the Manga Volume cover art, as they aren't meant to represent the actual skin-tone.

In actuality, each Manga Volume cover art is a parody of a real-life painting, like the cover of
- v01 is a parody of "Napoleon Crossing the Alps",
- v02 is a parody of "Liberty Leading the People"
- v03 is a parody of "The Birth of Venus"

I haven't yet found on which painting the cover of v04 and v05 is based on.

Does anyone know which painting does Volume 5 make homage to?
I absolutely have no idea....

Dex-chan lover
This is one of those rare isekai's where the MC just becomes a real part of the world. At least from what I've seen here.

Users who are viewing this thread